Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
bernie243

Re: Why do new customers get better deals?

Hi Thanks, i have had a read up of yours, and others. It seems like this issue, is a general bone of contention. I sent a email to sky, the reply i received was the same kind of 'bog' standard reply, i have just been reading on this forum.
I am just going to keep looking, with the view of most likely switching. I have been with sky since 1997, so a long time !. With competition now-days being what it is, you would have thought that sky would try just that bit harder to keep their long standing customers.
I fail to see they are gaining anything. It may mean they gain new customers, but at the same rate they are most likely losing existing customers. !!!
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
powell71

Indeed its crazy but then it can work in our advantage. BT are offering great deals as are others, so i will start to forget the loyal approach, i will just move on and save a few ££ with another company, then go where the savings are. Im paying £100 p/m but i can get that down to nearly £70 and with HD, although i will have to miss the cricket, but then i will watch it on skygo thanks to my brother :smileyhappy:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
bernie243

Hi yes i am looking around, i wish we had virgin in our area, but BT may be the answer. I have also been looking at talk talk, i am not too sure of them though , as far as for how good a broadband provider they are !!.. I think maybe as BT ect must know that sky are taking over 02, (end of august) there may be a good deal out there for me soon. I have phone and broadband with 02, so when the time comes for sky to take over i can just refuse, and get out of the contract without paying a fee.
Contributor
powell71

Hi Brenie. Well as an O2 customer you might be in luck as you may get an offer, I believe some have already and you will get the new HUB, unlike me the loyal customer who got the naff router. I cant fault sky's service on BB. Its not the best but im happy with it. BT are faster but they don't have a great customer service, sky win hands down on that.

Talk talk, ditto, im looking at that and their TV service, but as for their BB they have the highest level of complaints than any other company, although last year that reduced by 40%, but they are still one of the very worst. That said, they have 22,000 customers in just over a year of offering their service and they are cheaper but they don't have a free HUB. Unlike sky, you can use your own equipment, so if you really need top end you can do it.
bernie243

Hi thanks for your message. i am dubious about talk talk, we had them for BB & phone, many years ago. I had nothing but trouble with them. BB kept going wrong ( phone line fine !) The customer service then was diabolical it was not unusual to be on hold for an hour with their customer services. In the end i got so fed up i came away from them, and i had to pay £80 as it was in contract still !. I have heard however that they have improved.  I know of a couple of people with TT they said they have not had any problems. I think, though i will just keep looking. !!