Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
menot+you

Why do my emails keep getting deleted before I read them and they are not even in the trash floder?

Whenever I check my emails on my phone (HTC) if I read it I then find that for whatever reason when I go to my sky account the email is gone and even doing a search in trash it is never found. This is very annoying as recently some important mail has gone and I cannot find it. How can I stop this happening and can the emails be found anywhere? It also seems the Sky account on my phone is also once read deleting the emails from there as well!!

Help please!!!!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Mark39

Are you using a POP setting on your mobile to connect to...

Are you using a POP setting on your mobile to connect to your mail account? That will delete messages on the server once downloaded. An IMAP setting will leave messages on the server.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
menot+you

Re: Are you using a POP setting on your mobile to connect to...

Using IMAP but as I said the emails just dissapear and don't even get to the server it seems. I have done a search and they do not show up at all.