Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Skywinder

Re: Why bother being a loyal Sky customer?

I'm astonished how may people have the same problem as I have i.e. the total lack of reward loyalty, and also how people are apparently paying differing prices for the same product - surely ths can't be right ! As there's strength in numbers would it not be sensible

a) to first of all detail costings from competitors for similar packages ( latest from BT Vision today incl. Sky Sports 1 & 2 is about £43.00 p.mth. and

b) to detail what Sky is charging for your package - mine Skyworld + Family Pack - £ 52.00 p.mth.

c) length of time with Sky - 11 years.

Perhaps the detailing of such info. might bring Sky to recognise current economic situation - after a long Live Chat today with them, a verbal shrug of the shoulders and " ... phone our Cancellation Department."

Is that really what you want, Sky??

Skywinder

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
I'm New Here
AviatorPaul

Hello All

I am quite surprised to see I am not the only one that has been loyal to sky for well into the teens of years, maybe even 20+ years I feel let down by customer services.

In fact I have just checked MySky and I don’t have a package anymore as I am not a customer anymore. I have cancelled due to being made a fool of over Christmas because Sky CS could not get ESPN to work so the extra family visitors coming to my house (who have it at home) could watch the rugby. In a fit of pique I was asked to be put through to cancellations, the lady stated that she would get it sorted out, the following morning it had stopped again so instead of 20 minutes waiting to speak to a human, I emailed my cancellation request.

The only excuse I was given this evening when CS rang me about the cancellation, was a computer glitch was cancelling it straight away. Hence I now no longer have Sky (well that’s I lie, I have it till the 4th Feb) Freesat HD here we come!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Explorer
greenie2

hi all i feel exactly the same , im not sure that sky has a level of customer service, whenever ive phoned to take advantage of offers they dont apply to me because i have everything except movies and hd which i dont have because i rarely watch films and i refuse to pay extra for hd -it infuriates me that you can only get some programs on the hd channels tho not the old channels they used to be on- ive been a customer for nearly 10 years but i get nothing, the 02 arena is hours away from me these so called rewards are pointless , i guess my little reward is counting how many times in one thread you can see the same statement from sky reps quoting from the book. a big dissapointment that one department doesnt talk to one another. i was told last time i dont qualify for anything and prob never will because over the last 2 n half years ive had good discounts unfortunatly they dont say i can see we treated you very badly with our lack of service when youve moved house and left you without services for months whilst over charging you, it took everything just to get any form of discount with the very real threat of leaving sky but my bill is still 70 pounds a month now with them charging me for a paper bill i hadnt asked for and to be told tough luck we wont be giving you your pound back -theyve done this to possibly hundreds of customers im on the hunt again for a better deal elsewhere loyalty isnt in skys phrasebook they are only loyal to riiping exsisting customers off and looking after their big paypackets whilst giving us terribly shocking all round service well done sky sorry rant over!! look forward to standard sky reply blah blah 

I'm New Here
mjb20yearsplus

Well said ! i am too a sky customer for over 15 years, and had to, a year ago cancel my sky for a year , to get a deal. (get this) got best deal for all new box, install and extras for free as a new customer from a shooping center rep.

Yes with sky the more you spend and more time with means you get sweet !!

Seems crazy they lose a year at £40 a mnth , just because they will not reward loyalty !

Graduate
VicTye

OK all, I promised an update when this was all sorted and here it is.........

As you know from the earlier post my biggest bug bear was the fact that as I called to find out how to cancel my Sky subscription and the needs for MAC code I was called a liar by someone in the CS team over the phone when I mentioned the lack of offers, or rather the original advert and the T&C’s not being clear.

With the help of Jason-D from this site (and on Twitter too) and having to email the exec team I now have this resolved.

Jason offered (& I accepted) 3 months half price movies rather than the 2 months free, not asked for and yet still offered

The exec team gave me:

• 1Tb box for £49 as offered on the site but I was not eligible for as I already have the 3 main services and I paid the £15 on top for self-setup – as the upgrade was sorted online (via the team over the phone granted) I was eligible for the M&S vouchers too (that was a nice surprise and not something I asked for)
  • Free wireless connector, again not eligible for as Sky Anytime+ was already active (it was as I ran a CAT5 cable half way round the house form the router!)
  • Apology for the way I was spoken to by the woman in retentions (I do have her name but it is unfair to say it on here, the Exec Team have this) and one month credited to me account. 

As I mentioned on here I was never really after something for nothing, just a bit of fairness with loyal and new customers, as you can see I did not demand anything extra and paid my way – something just about everyone who has posted to my original thread.

Closing, neither I nor any other customer should have to jump through these hoops but I have to say that if you finally get someone who actually helps their customers things are sorted out, so special thanks to Jason-D for his help in sorting this

Staff
jason-d

Hi VicTye

Nice to hear from you again and thanks for your kind words. :smileyhappy:

I'm glad I could help and happy to hear of your satisfaction.

Hope to see you back on the Sky Help Forum soon.

Cheers 

Getting There
tillyw

Reading this thread has been really interesting and made me feel that I am not alone.  Like many others who have contributed on this subject, I too have been a customer with Sky for many years (15+) having the full TV package from the start added a multiroom a couple of years after that and then added Unlimited Broadbank and Phone several years ago, so paying them almost £100 per month.  We had a problem with the Sky+ box in November last year and phoned to have the repair people come to fix the problem.  The person I spoke to said that they were not supplying new Sky+ boxes any longer and that if there was a problem with the box we would get a reconditioned box only. This was slightly worrying as I was not sure that a reconditioned box would be reliable, he then said I could get a HD+ box with half price HD for 3 months.  Given my worries about the reliability of a reconditioned box I agreed, TV is a very important piece of equipment in this house and I envisaged all sorts of problems if we didn't have the ability to record/view programmes.  I was asked by a friend a few days later if I had got the M&S vouchers that were on offer for upgrade to HD and I said this hadn't been mentioned.  I followed this up by phone and was told it was an online offer only, I had arranged mine on the phone so not applicable.  I asked if as a gesture of goodwill and a mark of my long custom they would be able to let me have the offer as I hadn't been told that it was available.  After several phone calls, several emails, a completed customer survey, I am sorry to say that Sky were not interested in acknowledging my custom and using their discretion to let me have the vouchers.  In response to my request that the matter be raised with the next level of management for consideration and their managerial discretion on the matter I was told there was no higher level of management.  I have advised them that I will be leaving them as soon as I can.  I am moving to another phone and Broadband supplier this week, and as soon as I am able to cancel my TV subscription I will be moving elsewhere for that service too.  Sky need to learn a great deal about retaining loyal customers, the M&S vouchers would have been a tiny gesture on their part but would have been a significant gesture for me as a sign that they valued me and the custom that I have had with them. I had no response at all to the feedback that I gave on my customer service survey, they obviously couldn't care less.  We are also having lots of problems with the satellite signal for terrestrial channels that is making me feel even more agitated with the service, counting the months till I'm able to be free. 

Staff
jason-d

Hi tillyw

First of all thank you for coming onto the Sky Help Forum and sharing your issue with us.

I'm sorry to see that you believe you haven't had the best service. I appreciate that you have been a customer with us for such a long time and I want to look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message to get more details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Getting There
trevvy

Why bother good question???????????      thier recent other of two months free movies, could not have due to already having services, complained to the ASA, sky changed add to say you have to take a new service, got letter from ASA, saying sky admitted the misleading ad, and changed it soon after , but as a gesture of good will they will honor the offer , ASA to pass my details to sky, for sky to contact me  to add the trail movies , this was last week, lets wait and see what , if , sky keeps to its word.

Staff
jason-d

Hi trevvy

Thanks for coming back onto the Sky Help Forum and giving us an update on your issue.

I hope we are able to sort this out for you soon, please come back and let us know how you've got on.

Cheers

Getting There
tillyw

Well a week later............ I had a quick response from Jason - d saying he wanted to try to resolve the problem quickly asking me for some details which I provided.  Then had an email from another Sky rep asking me questions about whether I had ever recommended anyone to Sky as they needed their details to sort out my query - replied to say that I couldn't recall, but if I had done at any time, I was sure that it would be recorded on my account, however I was at a loss as to why they wanted to know that when my query was related to my upgrade to HD.  I've heard nothing from Sky since so feel that this is another sign of the lack of commitment to customers.  They were however, very quick in cutting off my phone and broadband on the day that I was due to change to my new supplier leaving me without a phone or internet access....... top class service Sky.  Still very disappointed with the way Sky have treated me.

Retired Staff Member
kirsty+d

Hi tilly,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry it is not under better circumstances.

I am forwarding your enquiry to the agent that messaged you on Wednesday to get this chased up for you. It is not unusual for a full investigation into circumstances to take a few days and I hope that we will have matters resolved for you as soon as is practicable.

Many thanks for your patience in this matter.

Regards,

Explorer
MrFurious

Think i will have to comment in this thread, ive been a loyal customer at my current address for 11 years , previous with my parents since sky was launched, what really gets me down is the constant offers that friends who live near me get for basicly phoning sky constantly and moaning, which i do not do, a recent example is a friend after having sky full package for half price for 12 months threatened to leave, he didnt get another discount so he did leave, now 3 weeks later he gets a letter asking him back to sky for another 12 months half price!!!

It seems if you sit back happy and loyal as i do you get nothing, to make matters worse a programe airs tonight on ch4 about superscrimpers or something and it shows people making simple phonecalls to get discounts, i get offered chelsea tv for 3 months half price!!

Very dissapointing

Retired Staff Member
Samantha-K

[ Edited ]

Hi MrFurious,

I am very sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the offer you were offered.

We do value all of our customers both old and new however offers are account specific, and depend on many account specific factors- so offers available to your friends may not be available to you.

You will find all offers that are available to your account on My Sky you will also find our loyalty rewards here.

Thanks

Getting There
mrroc

nice to see i am not the only one.....

i have just been on the phone to sky as my box wouldnt work this morning which happend  couple of weeks ago aswell. my box is always having "problems" and also the phone line just crackles but if the problem is in my house its £100 bill i have been told i havent got a £100 quid i have young children and work full time and can hardly afford to live nevermind pay that.

i get overcharged on my bills month after month but nothing seems to get done the only response i get is we will credit your account next month! you took the money this month so why cant i have it back this month? i moved house and got a 1tb box (£49) and had that upstairs and put the old one down stairs i have full broadband and phone line but no deals seem to come my way the rewards for the 02 arena i live in newcastle not really a reward unless they wanna pay for the tickets and limo to take me.

i have rang sky this morning but no deals on their system please try the site and thats what you get for being loyal customer. virgin was in this house as moved in with mother in law but i said no sky is the best we must have them and cancelled virgin but mayb i wasw wrong. my bills get paid on time every month £70 and no deals for us loyal customers makes me sick. i givde alot and get nothing in return