Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
richhodg99
Accepted Solution

Why are not all of the series on anytime+

Why are not all of the series on anytime+, ie 24, the first 5 episodes where there, now they have been replaced with the next 5 episodes, why is this, its not really tv on demand if the only put 5 episodes on at a time, will this be changing?

Richhodg

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Re: Why are not all of the series on anytime+

Hi richhodg99,

I will find out if we have an answer to this as I didn't realise they had replaced episodes with new ones for 24. Regarding other series we hope to add more over time to improve the content available so best to keep an eye out for these being added.

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
richhodg99

Did you find the answer to this?

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi richhodg99,

The reason only some episodes are on Sky Anytime+ for donwload from certain programmes and series is down to the current rights agreements with the content holders.

In some cases we are only allowed to have a set number of episodes on the Sky Anytime+ service at any given time meaning as new episodes are added we have to remove older episodes to comply with the limits set in the agreement.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Visitor
richhodg99

Is this the same for Sky Atlantic content?

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi rich,

I'm afraid this is on a per-programme, per-series basis as the rights are obtained in this manner. I'm unable to confirm whether Sky Atlantic content is affected by this as I do not have that information however I will ask for you.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Contributor
TM2009

This is for me the most disappointing aspect of the Anytime+ service.  I settled down the other day to start watching The Sopranos from the start only to find the first 3 episodes had just been removed!  Certain episodes of some series are getting removed more quickly than they do from the normal Anytime (I have the 1TB box :smileyhappy:).

May we expect a more customer friendly approach by Sky to these rights issues in future now Anytime+ is becoming well established?    

----------------------------------------------
DRX895 via cable to SR101 (fibre)