What is the cheapest TV package I can get?

Answered
Go to Answer
Researcher
Post 1 of 5

What is the cheapest TV package I can get?

I need to get internet for my house but at the moment I am paying around £30 a month for my TV alone so I need to downsize.

Now I have a Sky Box upstairs also which is costing me £5 a month. I am wondering if I can cancel this as the only reason I got it was because Sky wanted me to take it to avoid me paying a phone or internet connection charge when they were setting up but because I was with BT when I made the order, they cancelled the phone/internet so can I cancel the extra Sky Box.

Besides this is there any other way to save money on my TV?

Now in regards to when I buy the internet, not sure if I can afford Sky as I want TV phone and internet for around £30 a month and not the stupid 8mb of internet Sky offer for £30 a month.

Can someone give me tips on how I can get this?

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 5

Re: What is the cheapest TV package I can get?

If your local phone exchange does not have the Sky equipment in then you would go on the Connect product for £17.99 a month otherwise.

The cheapest TV package is £19.50 for one mix (it would be up to you what that mix is). If you do not use your internet much and could keep below a 2GB monthly limit there is the Everday Broadband product which is free if you take Sky Talk Freetime and a TV package. There is also Unlimited broadband which is £7.50 a month is you have a TV pckage and Sky talk or £12.50 a month if you don't take a phone service.

More details here:

http://www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/broadband-talk/

And here for the TV packages:

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 5

If your local phone exchange does not have the Sky equipment in then you would go on the Connect product for £17.99 a month otherwise.

The cheapest TV package is £19.50 for one mix (it would be up to you what that mix is). If you do not use your internet much and could keep below a 2GB monthly limit there is the Everday Broadband product which is free if you take Sky Talk Freetime and a TV package. There is also Unlimited broadband which is £7.50 a month is you have a TV pckage and Sky talk or £12.50 a month if you don't take a phone service.

More details here:

http://www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/broadband-talk/

And here for the TV packages:

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 3 of 5

Thanks for the information. I only want the internet so I can play games online on the X Box. Hence why I am being tight with the money.

Would 2GB be enough.

So I am going to calculate how much this will cost me; Internet - £7.50, Line Rental- £12.50, TV - £19.50.

around £40. That would be more than I am paying for atm. Hmm....

I wonder if there is a way I can get a cheaper deal on my internet.

Oracle
Post 4 of 5

You will not get a chepaer deal from Sky re your broadband. 2GB isn't much really, that sort of limit is for people that check there emails or send a few hours online just browsing.

I do not work for Sky.
New Viewer
Post 5 of 5

we have the internet in on the x-box and laptap most days u need d unlimited trust me it worth it jus downgrading my tv 2 basic since we never watch it ne more.