Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Contributor
mrdrag
Accepted Solution

What is the cheapest TV package I can get?

I need to get internet for my house but at the moment I am paying around £30 a month for my TV alone so I need to downsize.

Now I have a Sky Box upstairs also which is costing me £5 a month. I am wondering if I can cancel this as the only reason I got it was because Sky wanted me to take it to avoid me paying a phone or internet connection charge when they were setting up but because I was with BT when I made the order, they cancelled the phone/internet so can I cancel the extra Sky Box.

Besides this is there any other way to save money on my TV?

Now in regards to when I buy the internet, not sure if I can afford Sky as I want TV phone and internet for around £30 a month and not the stupid 8mb of internet Sky offer for £30 a month.

Can someone give me tips on how I can get this?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: What is the cheapest TV package I can get?

[ Edited ]

If your local phone exchange does not have the Sky equipment in then you would go on the Connect product for £17.99 a month otherwise.

The cheapest TV package is £19.50 for one mix (it would be up to you what that mix is). If you do not use your internet much and could keep below a 2GB monthly limit there is the Everday Broadband product which is free if you take Sky Talk Freetime and a TV package. There is also Unlimited broadband which is £7.50 a month is you have a TV pckage and Sky talk or £12.50 a month if you don't take a phone service.

More details here:

http://www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/broadband-talk/

And here for the TV packages:

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Contributor
mrdrag

Thanks for the information. I only want the internet so I can play games online on the X Box. Hence why I am being tight with the money.

Would 2GB be enough.

So I am going to calculate how much this will cost me; Internet - £7.50, Line Rental- £12.50, TV - £19.50.

around £40. That would be more than I am paying for atm. Hmm....

I wonder if there is a way I can get a cheaper deal on my internet.

Super User
caesarome

You will not get a chepaer deal from Sky re your broadband. 2GB isn't much really, that sort of limit is for people that check there emails or send a few hours online just browsing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
terrymccallion

we have the internet in on the x-box and laptap most days u need d unlimited trust me it worth it jus downgrading my tv 2 basic since we never watch it ne more.