Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
ChrisL1989
Accepted Solution

What is 'Website Blocked By BSkyB Firewall' ?

Every time i try to access Facebook, this message come up on the screen.
i have no idea what this means. how can i unblock it??

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Dsldude

Re: What is 'Website Blocked By BSkyB Firewall' ?

[ Edited ]

Somebody has set your routers firewall to block sites with the word Facebook in.

I am not sure of the circumstances in your home, are you the routers owner or just a

user of the connection, do you know who would of set it up like that?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
ChrisL1989

im the routers owner and i have never set any firewall

Getting There
ChrisL1989

how can i unblock ??

Super User
Dsldude

go to http://192.168.0.1 

defualt username admin

defualt password sky

Click the securty tab, block sites, remove site from block list, click apply

Getting There
ChrisL1989

what is the username admin and password??

is this in the 'Change Parental Controls'??

Retired Staff Member
DanielFutz

Hi ChrisL1989,

What Dsldude was meaning is if you enter the numbers 192.168.0.1 into your address bar. Once you have done this use the username "admin" and the password is "sky" Then when you have done this click on the "security" tab then the "blocked sites" tab and then remove the sites from the block list that you would like unblocked. hope this has helped any confusion you may have had. 

Once you have done this let us know if you are still having the issue. 

Thanks 

Getting There
Rjharrow

Facebook is blocked by network. . . I tried the security tab, but there is no sites on the list to be blocked, what should I do?

Super User
Dsldude

That sounds like the new Sky Broadband Shield has been enabled on your internet connection.

Are you the ac holder? if not I would ask who is about it..

See here for more info

http://help.sky.com/security/stay-safe-online/sky-broadband-shield-explained

Getting There
Rjharrow

I check on the broadband shield as suggested, and nothing is blocked, I tried to update my settings by choosing custom and selecting online gaming as an example and click block. I then went to the browser and type facebook.com and still its blocked. Yes, I am the AC holder.
Super User
Dsldude

Maybe just a temporay bug on the router then as that also has the abilty to blocksites, I would turn the Broadband Sheild totaly off for the moment via MySky while you have this issue.

Then hard reset the router by keeping the reset pressed down for 15 seconds before letting go.

Getting There
Rjharrow

THanks, it is indeed a bug, reset the router as instructed and was able to access the site again.

Thanks.

Community Coordinator
Jason-H

Hi Rjharrow.

It's great to see the community all coming together to help another user. I'm delighted to see that you have managed to resolved the issue where your Facebook access was blocked by rebooting your Sky router.

If you have any further issues or questions, be sure to get back in touch by creating a new thread on the relevant board. you can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.

Cheers,