Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
DJ+PhD

What cable do I need to Connect my Sky box to The Phone line

Hi there,

I have recently had a multiroom install done but the engineer has not connected eather box to the phone line and i cant find the cable from my old box,

I know i need an RJ11 to BT lead but i need to know if its 2 or 4 Wires, Crosswired or Straight wired?

Does anyone know?

Regards

Paul

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Re: What cable do I need to Connect my Sky box to The Phone line

2 wires, crossed over: outer pins connected at the BT end, inner pins at the RJ11 end. It's an analogue modem cable.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
tonytango

sky should supply the cable but they don't,they say you must have a phone line so that the sky box can be connected to it but they don't tell you that you have to supply the cable that connects from the sky box to your phone line.

Senior Member (Bronze)
Ste192013

Hi tonytango,

This is unusuall as Sky engineers do install a phone line (most of the time if requested), This is not needed if the customer does not have multiroom but can often be forgot by engineers.

Cheers

Contributor
tonytango

well i have had a multiscreen box fitted last week and the engineer said i don't need to be connected to a phone line and i had a sky+2tb box fitted yesterday and that engineer said that the multiscreen box does have to be connected to a thone socket but sky don't supply the cable to connect the sky box to the phone socket.
Senior Member (Bronze)
Ste192013

That's very unusuall as it's stated in Sky Multiroom's t&c's but not sure if they changed it since they changed to Multiscreen. They have them connected to make sure both boxes are at the same address so I'm puzzeled to why the engineer said it wasn;t required and said Sky don't include this as this topic was mentioned a few months back and a Sky corordinatior said this was required and provided as part of the contract.

Cheers

Contributor
tonytango

i have kept the box that the sky+2tb box was in and all that came out of the box was

1 power cable

1 hdmi cable

1 sky+ 2tb box

there was no phone cable in the box.

i will be contacting sky tomorrow and ask them to supply me with

a cable to connect to my phone socket. 

Senior Member (Bronze)
Ste192013

This is correct. The cable is usually installed by the engineer so they would have a roll of cable so they could cut the required amount needed.

If you was to contact Sky they should be able to get an engineer out to you to install this for you.

Hope this helps.

Contributor
tonytango

when the engineer installed the multiscreen box last week he tested the phone socket that is the next room and it was not working but he never said that he would install a new cable.i am having a new cable installed on saturday but that will not include the cable from the phone socket to the sky box.

Senior Member (Bronze)
Ste192013

Oh right that would explain why he might not of connected a cable then. Once you get that installed I would then get in Contact with Sky to arrange a engineer visit to get that installed.