Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
viti
Accepted Solution

What about the cooling off period for Sky TV?

Hello. 

Im moving to a hew house and I have ordered  a boundle composed by sky TV extra+  & international calls anytime & unlimited internet. 

The house is brand new and there is no dish on it.  so the technician has to come an place the dish on the wall.

I have a  4 Years Son and Im concerned about the possibility that he would be hours and hours in front of TV with so many entertanining options for children sky have.  I would like to know if I can cancel the TV subscription during the cooling off period without paying any fee for early termination or installation. is it 7 days or 30 days cooling off period?

In any case I would defenetly keep the internet and landline but I want to be sure that TV can be removed without any fee if I cancel it during the cooling off period. 

I have been reading the terms and conditions and only refers about the 30 days guarantee satisfaction in the broadband and landline. it says nothing about Sky TV. 

Please reply only if you are completly sure about the question. even the sky support chat contradict themselves.

thank you so much for the time to read my post.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

As a parent I'd like to think you wouldn't leave your chi...

viti wrote:

Hello.

I have a  4 Years Son and Im concerned about the possibility that he would be hours and hours in front of TV with so many entertanining options for children sky have. 

As a parent I'd like to think you wouldn't leave your child in the front of the TV for hours and hours.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
El Capo
daveNOS

From various threads on this and other forums the length...

From various threads on this and other forums the length of time varies from 8 days after installation to 31 days with no deffinative answer.Best bet is to call Cancellations and speak to them.

Opinions expressed on here by me are mine and mine alone.
I do not work for Sky im just a customer like you
I'm New Here
marvic

Yes, nobody clarifies it completly. BTW, the answer provi...

Yes, nobody clarifies it completly. BTW, the answer provided by KATO seems to be completly inappropiated. is not answering the question anyway. 

Any SKY manager who could provide the proper answer?

Super User
kato

Re: Yes, nobody clarifies it completly. BTW, the answer provi...

As a responsible parent which I guess you are I do not see how the cancellation period comes into this.
If you do not want your child to watch too much TV it doesn't matter whether you subscribe to SKY,BT,VIRGIN or just terrestrial channels, don't LET them watch too much tv.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Super User
caesarome

It did used to be 8 days for TV, it might be covered here...

It did used to be 8 days for TV, it might be covered here somewhere:

http://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/tv/

The Broadband and Talk T&Cs can be found here:

http://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/broadband/

http://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/talk/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.