Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
barrylandy24

Watching Skygo on TV through laptop via HDMI cable

Hi, 

SkyGo is working perfectly for me on my laptop, as it usually does. Today though, I've encountered a problem. I wanted to watch it through my TV, and connected the HDMI cables as usual. SkyGo is working on the laptop, but as soon as I switch the TV on, even before taking it off standby, the programme still playing on the laptop stops. 

If I turn the TV off, it works on the laptop fine. If I turn it on again, it stops playing. This is really frustrating me and it's never been an issue before. Any help with this please?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
barrylandy24

Re: Watching Skygo on TV through laptop via HDMI cable

Oh, and the error message is t6035-c1503.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi barrylandy24

Great to hear from you on the Sky Forum.

Unfortunately this is not something we support, but hopefully the community will be able to advise you.

Thanks   

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Krysia001

that've the same issue.....have you been able to fix it?

Regular Visitor
borlando-florida

I have the same issue. Sky, simply stating you cannot support this is a poor response. Has Sky Go recently stopped allowing people to watch Sky on a monitor using a HDMI cable on your laptop? Also, you CAN output to a second monitor using VGA, also at full HD so what is the difference?!

I would watch Sky Go on my Xbox but that has also stopped working and throws up an error message whilst only showing Sky News and nothing else. So that means Sky Go does not work 100% on my laptop if I want to mirror the display to a HD TV, it does not work on my iPad as I have jailbroken it and Sky Go no longer works on my Xbox!

In a nutshell, it's an absolute joke! Please sort it out.
Occasional Visitor
Krysia001

I managed to fix my laptop. I deleted silverlight 5.1. Removed all trace of it in my registry. I then updated my graphics with an updated version of the drivers and then installed 5.0. And it worked.  With no help from sky might I add!!!

Occasional Visitor
SylviaF

I've got the same problem too.  Can you be a bit more specific about how you cleared it - bearing in mind that I'm not as computer-savvy as you!!  I'd be grateful - as you say Sky are not being helpful on this one.

Visitor
ChasF

I think the problem is that Sky want you to have multiroom, so they do not support HDMI connection, as anyone could either watch Sky for free, or avoid paying for multiroom.
Occasional Visitor
Paul+H3

Absolutely ridiculous that I've had to go through all this to simply watch Sky Go on my desktop computer. Punishing all people who use HDMI cables while watching Sky on their computer is a ridiculous thing to do and there's no doubt in my mind the decision to make it so difficult is a conscious one on Sky's part. Very disappointed in the fact that people aren't able to access a service they're paying for because of attempts to stop people watching Sky Go on a television without paying extra, really ridiculous lack of customer care. Thankfully the people who aren't Sky employees are helpful and have found a way around this stupid block.

Visitor
smab

Sky have made a concious decision to disable the USB port in the software so that you don't pay cheaper for just the package you want (ONLY SPORTS) at a cheap price (currently on offer from £9.00pm to £4.99pm for all SSports Channels) on a comfortably larger device than your mobile handset.

JOKE if you ask me, someone find a workaround and I'll be on it and migrate from being a Sky Customer other than just for the Sports rest of the channels are repeat affter repeat acfter repeat 100's and 100s of poxy channels droooooon showing absoloute CACK!