Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
racheybabes

Re: WWE Wrestlemania 29 on Sky Box Office

Ooooops ha ha I never even thought about it

Thanks for your help Chris, am on my way round there now so will call sky once I get there.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Maccadinho25

Thanks Chris, but what i meant was i ordered yesterday and wathed it live while recording the show as well, can i go back in to my planner and watch Wrestlemania again without being charged for a second time? And is there a limit on how often you can re watch or a duration in days you have?

Ive tried to find a Sky Box Office page on the internet but cant locate one?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
jeannk

We have a terrible picture on our WM29 repeat. No bad weather. All other channels working. Tried 'housekeeping' didn't work. It's awful, block picture and sputtering sound. Help, anyone?
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Rachel,

No problem. Let me know how you get on?

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Maccadinho25,

I see now :smileyhappy:

Yeah you can go back watch again (via recording) for 24 hours after which you will be able to view the repeats which you will find on channel 743 for the next 6 days.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator

Contributor
Mitchell-G

[ Edited ]

Hey Chris,

Last night, I noticed that your team listed Wrestlemania as XXVIII instead of XXIX. Might be something to double check in the future as it doesn't look too professional. Either that or just use standard numbers (29) :smileyhappy:

Also, should Wrestlemania be locked for 24 hours after the recording as it says I have until somewhere around 13th April to watch it again and again until it's automatically deleted.

Cheers.

- Mitchell

Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Mitchell,

Agreed, easy mistake to make but I will have a look over it.

Hopefully I will be starting my own WWE thread on the Sky Help Forum so those sorted mishaps won't happen.

If you order via recording the WWE event you will have access to the recording for 24 hours and the repeat viewing until 13th of April.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator

Contributor
Mitchell-G

[ Edited ]

This is what it says on my box and has on every PPV since I've had Sky+. (p.s.) Sorry if I'm not allowed to link to imgur.

Is this normal or not?

- Mitchell

Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Mitchell-G,

All looks fine and you will have this available right up to tonight, just press the left hand arrow button to make the viewing time 0 minutes and then press play again.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator

racheybabes

Well the 3rd phonecall to sky ended in a complaint being made.

I spoke to technical dept about trying to record wwe from a telephone booking and that I had been given info off 2 people at sky that I could record the repeats. I asked if I could cancel the telephone booking and re book using the remote now they had sorted the issue with the sky viewing card that we had last night we did some technical checks then I was advised I could book it again using the remote but I would be charged again. I explained this wasn't what I wanted politely but then I as advised that it was not recordable full stop if booked by either method because of copyrights I know this is not correct so I asked to speak to a manager.

I don't like getting nowty on the phone but having spoke to 4 different people and getting different answers I had no option. My son wants to record it so he can rewind and fast forward to the best bits cm punk v the undertaker and the rock v John cena and if I had known that a simple viewing card issue could be resolved so easily and we had been given the correct information all this rigmarole could have been avoided.

Anyway rant over sorry everyone
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't see what the big problem was here. Had you watched the telephone booking? You wouldn't be charged you see if the first telephone booking was not watched. Once the adviser had cancelled the Sky Box Office booking you were back to a level playing field and could start over.

You could have even started the reordering (via remote and box) while you were still on the phone.

I am a big CM Punk fan and that match for me stole the show.

What was wrong with the viewing card?

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator

racheybabes

I don't think previous bookings had been cleared off so it had reached its limit but the last time it was used for box office was the last time Ricky Hatton fought.

When I got home my son was watching the 2nd attempt at the booking as he was trying to record the repeat that came on at 6pm so I called sky straight away. Luckily the girl I spoke to earlier today had put some notes on the account which I asked the floor manager to look at so there is a record of me specifically asking about the ability to record it.

We will see what happens apparently they will call us back in 24 hours.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

The Hitman himself eh?

Bret 'The Hitman' Hart was my childhood hero.

I would like to know what happens, would you like to come back to me with an update?

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator

racheybabes

Yes it's all sport in my house if its not wrestling it's football, rugby, boxing, cricket you name it my menfolk will watch it.

I think my lad had got a Brett the hitman hart figure knocking around somewhere.

I will let you know how we go thanks for your advice today!
Contributor
Mitchell-G

[ Edited ]

Chris-McP wrote:

Hi Mitchell-G,

All looks fine and you will have this available right up to tonight, just press the left hand arrow button to make the viewing time 0 minutes and then press play again.

Hi Chris,

If I can only watch this up until tonight (HD Recording), how come my box insists that it will be deleted on Thursday 25th April 2013 or is that a different scenerio altogether? I understand that Sky can't repeat the HD version due there only being one SBO HD channel which has to be used for other programming although I think that the DRM should at least be a little friendlier and let users have it until the repeats are finished, right?

Also, I'll agree with you. The CM Punk vs Undertaker match was the best one of the night. Going to be a classic to watch again in the coming years.

- Mitchell