Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Explorer
sapper85

Re: WWE Wrestlemania 29 on Sky Box Office

Just a quick question. If i purchase Wrestlemania through my Sky+ Box how do I pay for it. Does it come out of my bank account or do I have to provide details for payment? And why cant you record if you purchase over the phone

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Chris-McP

[ Edited ]

Yeah well done! I don't have a prize. The satisfaction of knowing that you are "Best in the World" should be enough lol

You what these traditionalist are like if they can help it they with do the job on their way out.

If Undertaker isn't in the HOF next year but he will before long.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Chris-McP

If you order it through your box the cost get added to your next bill, just make sure that your telephone line is connected to your Sky+ box sapper85.

It is just how the systems are set up. I personally recommend via the Box.

Staff
Chris-McP

Explorer
sapper85

So would it be this months bill (the 26th for me) or next months bill? Sprry for all the questions just need to make the funds available

Staff
Chris-McP

No need to say sorry sapper85 that's what this thread is for asking questions, getting advice and talking about Wrestlemania lol

This would depend on when your box calls us back. So ensure that it's always plugged in. If I were you I would earmark funds on the assumption that it will be taken with your next direct debit. If it doesn't then you know the money is sitting there for the following direct debit payment after that.

Explorer
RobS-UK

You can check online to see when the charge has hit your bill. In my experience there is always quite a lag but I guess it depends where in the month our bill is processed. Based on my experience I am expecting that WM will appear on the bill and the direct debit goes at the start of June.
I'm New Here
Markz

Quick question. I ordered Wrestlemania over the phone, when I tried to record it on the HD channel it came up with "Unable to record this program"

I now have a telephone line connected, so have cancelled the event and will re-order via my sky box. Will I now be able to record it? The repeats are no good to me as they are in SD. I'm wanting to watch the event in HD Monday evening so really need to record it. Why am I asking this instead of trying it out myself? Because I'm at work and won't be able to try it till Sunday! I looked through the thread and couldn't find anything confirming you can 100% record the HD version.

Thanks

Mark

Explorer
sapper85

Chris-McP wrote:

There are no commercial breaks on the PPV's however I would recomend that when you order it you press the record button rather than select this will enable you to view the show, record it and also watch the repeats. Please see picture below.

Order Wrestlemania 29 on Sky Box Office.jpg

I hope this helps.

I have done this. Does it mean I've now purchased the event. This is the first event i've bought or ever done anything like this

Getting There
tm84

Hi,

Really looking forward to this event!

Planning to watch this with a couple of friends who are out of the country at the mo. I've never booked anything using Sky Box Office before, but I was wondering if we may have a problem... my friends don't get back to the UK until 20 April.

I understand that if I record the event it'll stay on my box for seven days. Does anyone know whether: if I buy and record the Saturday 13 April Wrestlemania repeat at 10am on SBO, can we then watch it on the evening of Saturday 20 April? It's a bit over seven days and I'm not sure how the box works it out!

Also, my phone point is in a different room from my sky box. I know I'll need to connect the box to place the order, but does it need to stay connected until I have watched the recording?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me! 

Explorer
RobS-UK

I'm pretty sure you get 7 days from the purchase, but I also think there are different terms for the wrestling PPVs, so you might get a bit longer to start watching it after broadcast.  Please don't take my word for that though. 

you may find if your sky box hasn't been connected to the phone line for a while then you may not be authorised to order via the remote and the box anyway - you should plug it all in now and try ordering the event for next Saturday to check, if not you'll need to call Sky and get them to authorise your box and card. You will need the phone line plugged in after the event and until you have been charged for the event. 

I'm New Here
TheAdipose

Hiya. I'm trying to book wrestlemania through my hd box so I can record it and watch it tomorrow with friends. Unfortunately the event is nowhere to be found on the box.ive checked the phone line and successfully completed a callback to test that. I seem to be able online/by phone but then I can't record it. I've reset box several times and even manually searched for the channel showing it and found nothing. Please help!

I'm New Here
Alsafi.14

Hi guys can I really want to see it but I don't he a sky so can I buy it without the sky box or where can I watch it?
I'm New Here
ollied789

I've ordered wrestlemania 29 on sky.com and it says it's bin confirmed but I can't see anything on my box office info on my box also I haven't got a sky phoneline does this matter?
Getting There
Trueblade1986

You cannot record this as it states on the booking info online.

I've never bought anything on box office, I won't be staying up as work tomorrow. If I order it i presume I'll be able to view any of the repeats when I want to?