Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
metallicorphan

Virgin-Sky Atlantic August 1st?

I am hearing that Virgin Media get both BT Sports and Sky Atlantic(HD as well) on August 1st(I knew Virgin and Sky had been in talks for a long time over Sky Atlantic)

What i really want to know if this turns out to be true is what is SKY going to do to counter these platforms?

BT Sports channels are free if you get BT's Broadband and Virgin getting Sky Atlantic is pretty much Virgin's last hurdle that SKY viewers had over them

All we have seen from our side is you guys taking away the boxsets for none HD customers..oh and of course the usual price rise coming this September

http://vmhd.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/sky-atlantic-hd-coming-august-1st.html

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Re: Virgin-Sky Atlantic August 1st?

Hi metallicorphan,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us about a supposed launch of Sky Atlantic on Virgin Media soon.

At the moment we have no information in regard to this happening to be perfectly honest with you and your post was the first I have seen mentioning this for a while. I can only assume that when/if this happens, you would see it reflected on Virgin's advertising in the future. 

I am sorry that i cannot be of more help with this at the moment. If you have any other questions or queries then please let us know.

Thanks 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
Ashl45

virgin media are not getting either of these (as you probably guessed by now with it been past august the 1st)

BT could not come to an agreement with virgin media and the talks sky have had with them have not led anywere since july 

so i doubt theykll get any anytime soon

Ash

metallicorphan

actually although obviously it is not August 1st they get these,they ARE still in talks for both

Atlantic looking the closer deal,as 

"Sky staff have now been given strict instructions to cease and desist from claiming exclusivity for Sky Atlantic on the Sky platform."

And apparently BT want Virgin to offer BT sports as a Premium channel like SKY are doing,when Virgin want the same deal they had in place for ESPN(free to VIP members),i am sure one side will give in soon enough with the Premier League starting soon

Community Manager
Erinn-R

Hi All,

Thank you for all of your comments relative to Sky Atlantic and indeed  BT Sports on the Sky platform.

I can confirm that Sky Atlantic currently is exclusive to the Sky platform as part of our package subscriptions. In terms of any alignment between BT Sports and Virgin Media i am afraid (as i am sure you will appreciate) we have no information relative to this however, you can access BT Sports using your Sky equipment of which more information can be found here

@metallicorphan can you confirm as to where your "quote" has been sourced from as you have neglected to include a source of this information.

Thanks again

Erinn
Community Manager
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
metallicorphan

hmm,sorry about that,let me look for it,i know it was not from an official source because it was where i get my Virgin news

Okay,here you go

http://vmhd.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/sky-atlantic-update.html

Community Manager
Erinn-R

Thanks metallicorphan

I am not one to query the validity of this particular site however, i will categorically state that the inference of any "cease and desist" relative to Sky staff and Sky Atlantic is completely unfounded. 

If and when there are any announcements with regards to the development of Sky Atlantic and/or the availability of this channel on other platforms you will hear it here first :smileyhappy:

Thanks again for getting back me much appreciated 

Erinn
Community Manager
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage

Occasional Visitor
Jacqueline+Quinn

I have a few friends on virgin media,really wanting sky Atlantic.dont u think its about time it was on there.surely from a business prospective and extra advertising costs it would be good
Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi Jacqueline+Quinn,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the Sky Forum.

Great to see your friends are interested in Sky Atlantic, Regards having the channel on Virgin you would need to contact them to get the reason why it's not available on their service.

Let us know how you get on when you contact them.

Cheers,

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips

Occasional Visitor
Jacqueline+Quinn

[ Edited ]
Hi Jane,
Having spoke to my friends on virgin media they are getting mixed info?
You are witholding it from virgin and another one as said the cost is to high at the minute.
However one of my friends said he contacted the ceo's office quite recently regarding sky Atlantic and they were apparently quite complimentary towards sky saying we are always in active talks with sky regarding sky Atlantic and others and not to believe everything you read in the press as ourselves and sky have a great active relationship and there isnt the hostility that the press would make us believe.
That is nice to hear and I really hope for my friends at least that yourselves and virgin media can come to a deal to show sky Atlantic there missing out on some great shows
Frequent Contributor (Platinum)
AlanStitt

If VM get Sky Atlantic, which wont be anytime soon. Unless forced to offer at a reasonable price. Anyway I think that's why Sky have trademarked Sky Bravo in all genre's. So they can switch all those programs on Sky Atlantic to Sky Bravo eventually. IMO