Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Crash-

Video-Chatting needs for work - Please increase my upload speed!

I'm really desperate here...

I live in Central London like in the Dial-Up Stone Age area ! 

I can't get fibre optics as there is no cabling in Central London so I'm stuck in the Stone Age.

Would you please try to manually increase my line speed, especially upload speed ? 

I am currently getting 15 Mbps Down and 1 Mbps Upload - that's even less than the 10% policy ! I simply cannot vide-chat as it's freeze framing because of the upload speed...

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Gold)
Cymru123

Re: Video-Chatting needs for work - Please increase my upload speed!

Hi,

Sorry to hear that your having trouble.

The maxiumum upload speeds are:

1) Sky Everyday Lite and Unlimited –1.3Mb

2) Sky Connect - 448Kb

cheers

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Crash-

Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

I'm only getting 1Mbps in upload speed... Would you mind increasing it to 1.3Mbps?... Though 300Kbps won't really do much.. it's still better than nothing...

You can also try increasing the download speed by 2 Mbps as there's not that much noise on the line...

Thanks.

Senior Member (Gold)
Cymru123

Hi,

I'm only a forum member, so i'm afraid i'm unable to do that. If one of the Sky Forum Moderators come across this thread i'm sure they can help.

The download and upload speeds will vary during the day as they are throughput speeds. It will especially vary during peak time periods.

cheers