Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
lightnight

VOLUME CONTROL

This is along running pain with the 1tb hd sky box can we volume control back please its a big let down as in not a enough sound coming out of the hd box. Just watched the queen jubilee concert not loud enough on sky bbc1 hd channel lucky for i have freesat bbc1 hd which meant i could turn my volume as loud as i want. COME ON SKY I HAVE YOUR NEW EPG WHICH IS GREAT BUT I AND OTHERS NEED MORE VOLUME:smileysad:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
kirkie50

Re: VOLUME CONTROL

Hi lightnight

I have passed your query to the relevant department and will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Iain

kirkie50
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
lightnight

a big thankyou

Occasional Visitor
derbyshire+racing

I also have the same problem - the box needs a volume gain adjustment setting in the sound setup which would sort the problem, surprised I could not find anything to increase it in the setup. Need to really ramp up the sound when playing certain channels through the TV but when going back to normal TV mode the sound is then much too loud. Needs sorting.

Contributor
lightnight

At long last some one else . i have had this problem since i got my hd box last November  please see my posts and you might see the problem lies with the sky box

Super User
Annie+UK

The difference between Sky and Freeview on our LG HD TVs is stupid, my mum has to have some Sky channels at nearly 100% where freeview is set to 20% :smileysad:

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK      Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One, Dell XPS18, iPad Occupation: Senior Analyst/Programmer

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi Lightnight,

Thanks for taking time to give us the feedback on this. Volume adjustment has been raised by a number of customers and we have it on the list of suggestions for future releases.

Thanks,

Senior Member (Gold)
John8372

Hi GarryC,

It is not just that there is no volume adjustment, it it that the volume is artificially low on the Sky+ HD box's HDMI output compared to most other AV equipment. This could probably be a software bug, or if not I would like to know the reason for this.

In a way the Sky+HD box not having a volume control is correct if the output was set to a reasonable level, as the TV should control the volume. Although a lot of customers would still be very grateful for a user settable volume level.

Regards,

John

Super User
Mark39

John8372 wrote:
This could probably be a software bug, or if not I would like to know the reason for this.

Don't think it's a bug - looks like it was designed this way for some reason. See this from a Sky Adviser.

Senior Member (Gold)
John8372

Mark39 wrote:

John8372 wrote:
This could probably be a software bug, or if not I would like to know the reason for this.

Don't think it's a bug - looks like it was designed this way for some reason. See this from a Sky Adviser.

That does seem like it is intentional, it would be interesting to know why. And why it has been like this for around 2 years now when it is known to cause problems with some TVs.

Contributor
lightnight

Update I now better volume from my 1tb sky box no thanks to sky and it cost just over £70.

What I did was buy a optical switch and 3 optical cables with remote

1 optical cable from sky to switch

1 ....... ....... ....... TV to switch

1 ....... ....... .......B ray to switch

Then 1 optical cable from switch to my panny surround system select sky box hy presto I have a good volume listening range of 26 to 50 which means 50 is way to loud nice plus 5.1 surround. Previous range was 43 to 50 mostly set at 50 was not loud enough which was connected with HDMI cables

Tv still run at 23 up

B ray runs at 24 up

So all I want now is cheque from sky as compensation. On a serious note sky you still need to fix the volume problem.

You need to put the volume control back in sky box software I have new EPG still not there yet . A lot of sky customers do not have lots of money to spend on surround systems and optical switches and cables to fix your poor software or hardware problems they can hardly afford to keep paying your upwardly sky subscriptions.

I hope this helps some one with your sound problems