Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
stoom
Accepted Solution

VOLUME AND MUTE CONTROLS NOT WORKING ON SKY REMOTE

Hi,

My sky remote is not working when I try to control the volume or press mute.  My TV remote works though.  However I have been using my sky remote with the same TV for 2 years with no problems, that is until yesterday.  I have followed all of the directions to try to reset my remote but there doesn't seem to be an exact match for a code between my TV and my remote.  I have a rev. 8R sky+HD remote and a Samsung UE 40B6000VW TV.  Please can someone help as it is driving me mad!!!!

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: VOLUME AND MUTE CONTROLS NOT WORKING ON SKY REMOTE

See if this helps. Remove one battery,hold down the select button for 60 seconds before replacing the battery.

And have you tried 0646 ?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
stoom

Thanks for your quick reply.  I have tried both of your suggestions but neither has worked.  It's just weird that it has been compatable for the last two years then it stopped working yesterday.  I haven't even changed the batteries recently.

Thanks for your response

Super User
kato

I have just checked Sky's code finder and it say's your model of Tv will work with a version 9 remote and the code is 2079 don't know if that helps.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/remote-controls/operate-tv-with-sky-remote/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
stoom

Nope, still not working.  But thanks again for your help.

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi stoom, 

I have checked our systems and can confirm that the code 0060 should work for a Samsung UE40B6000VW TV. 

Can you let me know if this works?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
stoom

Hi Anne,

Thank you for replying.  I tried 0060 just now but that hasn't worked either. 

Thanks though,

Stoom

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi stoom,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I would suggest that you try some of the following codes to try and resolve this. The codes are 0206, 0730, 1277, 1263, 0710, 0840, 1340, 0794 or 0842.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards.

stoom

Hi GregorA,

Sorry i accidentally clicked the wrong post as a solution to our problem.  I can't thank you enough for helping as it's been driving us mad.  The code for our Samsung TV and rev 8 remote is 0730.

Thanks again

Stoom

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi stoom,

That's absolutely no problem at all, thanks for the Kudos:smileywink:

Glad you got that sorted!

Regards.

Occasional Visitor
MrsClarke123

I have exactly the same problem. Remote works fine with the single exception of the volume and mute button. I have tried resetting the remote but the code doesn't work. I have a rev 8. Sony. Make is KDL37S5500. The code I have tried is 1679. Please someone help!

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi MrsClarke123,

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the forum :smileyhappy:

Can you try removing one battery, press and hold the select button for 60 seconds - reinsert the battery. Once you have done this, please enter the code 1679 (as this is confirmed to be the correct code)?

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
Anne
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
mrscla

Anne, thanks for replying. I've tried the battery thing and the same code but it's still not working. Any other ideas? Please?!

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi mrscla,

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the forum :smielyhappy:

Can you let me know the following information:

• What version of remote control do you have (this can be found on a sticker in the battery compartment and will look like SkyRev.8R)
  • What is the make and model number of your TV

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
mrscla

I don't know why my name was displayed as 'mrscla'! I'm the same mrsclarke123 who posted before - I have a rev 8. Sony. Make is KDL37S5500. The code I have tried is 1679. I tried taking the battery out and holding select for 60 seconds but that still hasnt worked.