Using Sky + box for freeview channels

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 1 of 2

Using Sky + box for freeview channels

Hi Sky Forum Community,

I recently upgraded to Sky+HD and would like to know if it is possible to use my old Sky+ box as a freeview unit.

I currently have an old Sky Digibox in our bedroom which works fine as a freeview unit with the white viewing card I bought from sky about 3 years ago. When we upgraded to HD, I tried the Sky+ box with the white viewing card but all I got was "No signal being received". Could it be because there is only one cable connected instead of two, or do I need a different type of card. Finally, if I do get it working as a freeview unit, will it retain the ability to pause live and record.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Production Supervisor
Post 2 of 2

Re: Using Sky + box for freeview channels

You need a different viewing card, a FTA card, clal sky and they can arrange to get one out to yourself, you wont have nay of the recordings sky + fuctions only be bale to watch live shows! if you wanted recording then a standard sky + sub is 10.25 a month but so is multiroom so might as well get that if you really need the sky + functions ! Smiley Very Happy
All Replies
Answer
Production Supervisor
Post 2 of 2

Re: Using Sky + box for freeview channels

You need a different viewing card, a FTA card, clal sky and they can arrange to get one out to yourself, you wont have nay of the recordings sky + fuctions only be bale to watch live shows! if you wanted recording then a standard sky + sub is 10.25 a month but so is multiroom so might as well get that if you really need the sky + functions ! Smiley Very Happy
Recommended Threads
Baltimaniac 10-01-2017 08:57 PM
29-03-2017 04:15 PM
25-03-2017 10:16 AM
caolex 28-01-2017 02:20 PM
3 weeks ago 08:02 AM