Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Potwasher
Accepted Solution

Using Sky + box for freeview channels

Hi Sky Forum Community,

I recently upgraded to Sky+HD and would like to know if it is possible to use my old Sky+ box as a freeview unit.

I currently have an old Sky Digibox in our bedroom which works fine as a freeview unit with the white viewing card I bought from sky about 3 years ago. When we upgraded to HD, I tried the Sky+ box with the white viewing card but all I got was "No signal being received". Could it be because there is only one cable connected instead of two, or do I need a different type of card. Finally, if I do get it working as a freeview unit, will it retain the ability to pause live and record.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Movin' on Up
Skytime

Re: Using Sky + box for freeview channels

You need a different viewing card, a FTA card, clal sky and they can arrange to get one out to yourself, you wont have nay of the recordings sky + fuctions only be bale to watch live shows! if you wanted recording then a standard sky + sub is 10.25 a month but so is multiroom so might as well get that if you really need the sky + functions ! :smileyvery-happy:
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.