Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
cath+townley

Upgrade to HD+ BUT can i watch programmes recorded on old SkY+ box

I have just received my new Sky+ HD box, before i install it will i still be able to use my old sky+ box just to watch the programmes i have already recorded or once i have activated the HD box will the box be redundant.  The sky+ box will just be connected to the TV by a scart and wont have any other connections once  i want to start using my HD box

thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Upgrade to HD+ BUT can i watch programmes recorded on old SkY+ box

[ Edited ]

To watch programs on your Sky+ box it has to be conected to the dish with the viewing card in it because the programs you have recorded are stored on it so as soon as you disconnect it and replace it with your Sky HD+ box you will no longer be able to view your stored programs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
lottiekent

I'm in the same situation - new box has arrived but I have a few hours of program's left o watch...so if I put the dish cables back into he old box and put in the viewing card it will work? I'm so confused as in one thread several sky people gave two different opinions on the same subject! Plus some others say the card won't work in the old Sky+ box as the card will be unpaired? Any advice gratefully received.
Super User
caesarome

It will work but you would need to call Sky to pair the viewing card back to the box then when you want to put the card back into your new box again you need to call Sky again so they can pair it back to the box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
lottiekent

Sounds like a pain! I'll watch first before plugging the new one in...thank you.