Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Protégé
simon194

Re: Update – New release for 1TB & DRX890

ZRehman wrote:
Is this new sky guide goner be like the German one?

Like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEtcPtATRUY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I can't see it myself because the box Sky Germany uses has 8x the memory of a DRX890/895 and a faster processor but I guess we will have to wait and see what wonders NDS have come up with.  :smileyhappy:

Sky DRX890 Version No: 4f3108
Pace Sky+HD Version No: 9F3003
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Explorer
Efc1888

Will the upgr.ade affect any planned or existing recordings?
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Visionary
IAN+THOMPSON

Only if you have a recording happening at the same time if a new software download is taken place. Ian.

Efc1888 wrote:
Will the upgr.ade affect any planned or existing recordings?
Beta Tester for Sky. I can't answer any question about this!
Sky 2TB Box, Sky Unlimited Broadband with Hub, Sky Talk Unlimited, Apple IPhone 5, Apple IPad 2, Pansasonic 65inch 3D TV, Panasonic Combined Blu-Ray Disk And DVD Recorder also with 3D And HD Hard Disc Drive.
Associate
Dave+Hawley

[ Edited ]

As long as you gave the info requested it does not matter who you logged in as.

Thanks, that's good to know!

:smileyhappy:

Can someone tell me how to quote other people's posts on this forum?

I had to copy and paste the above manually, which surely can't be right!

There seems to be no "quote" button, and the "reply" button on posts doesn't seem to quote the original in the reply.

→ Standalone Sky branded DRX890 (4f31a5) with upgraded Western Digital WD20EURS 2TB HDD.
→ Wired Ethernet connection to Sky Unlimited ADSL broadband typically 16Mb/s.
Protégé
mike1944

Sent my e-mail off. Good to know there will be a roll back if needed, hopefully it wont

Main STB — DRX890 4f31a2
Secondary STB — DRX890 4f3108
El Capo
Kenneth+M

Dave+Hawley wrote:

As long as you gave the info requested it does not matter who you logged in as.

Thanks, that's good to know!

:smileyhappy:

Can someone tell me how to quote other people's posts on this forum?

I had to copy and paste the above manually, which surely can't be right!

There seems to be no "quote" button, and the "reply" button on posts doesn't seem to quote the original in the reply.

Hit 'Reply' on the post you wish to quote, then hit 'Quote' on the reply page that opens up.  

Explorer
ZRehman

I so wanna test this, but I cant risk my recordings :smileysad:

So to the people who are goner beta test post lots of pics!!!

I cant believe I'm this excited for a software update!!!
Super User
Annie+UK

ZRehman wrote:
I so wanna test this, but I cant risk my recordings :smileysad:

So to the people who are goner beta test post lots of pics!!!

I cant believe I'm this excited for a software update!!!

I have had several new releases installed on my 2 boxes and never have I lost a recording :smileyhappy:

Annie..........        Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.
Getting There
JasonP

Never really explored this forum, sent the PM, would like to get involved! Looking forward to seeing what Sky have come up with.
On The Up
RayW

There is no reason for this or any other OTA software update to affect your existing recordings at all.

Explorer
BaDaR

PM sent

hope to be on trail.

Explorer
ZRehman

PM sent :smileyhappy:

(crosses fingers)

Explorer
artlenock08

[ Edited ]

Never knew this forum existed until I saw a link from the tech forums on digitalspy...great stufff!

Staff
chelsea12

Hi artlenock08

Great to hear from you on the Sky Forum

Glad that you have found us:smileyhappy:, hopefully we will hear from you soon and that you can get all the information you require.

Thanks   

El Capo
Kenneth+M

artlenock08 wrote:

Never knew this forum existed until I saw a link from the tech forums on digitalspy...great stufff!

What took you so long?:smileyvery-happy:  I posted that link on Friday.