Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Aris+M

Re: Unregister device from a sky account

By the way, I've already tried uninstalling the app and restarting the phone, but I get the same message.

The phone was bought second-hand from ebay. In any case, is it possible to have this device unregistered from any other SkyID somehow? I have no other Sky accounts apart from the one I'm trying to connect the device to.

Best

Aris

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
kirkie50

Hi Aris

Is it possible that the previous owner had the device registered and never removed the app when they sold you the phone?

There are some tips and contact details for the cloud on the link which should help to resolve the issue.

Let us know how you get on please.

Thanks

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Aris+M

Thank you for your respeonse, I'll  contact the seller. If it is the case that he has already registered the device with another Sky account, how can it be unregistered?

I looked at the link that you have provided but I cannot see which of the links would be useful for this issue.

Best

Aris

Getting There
Aris+M

Hello again

I contacted the ebay seller, who said he was using Sky Go rather than The Cloud but in any case he said he unregistered the deice from his account. I stll get the same message though, although I uninstalled, restarted/switched off phone, and reinstalled it again twice.  Can you please advise?

Best

ARis