Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Super User
Stantheman2k12

USERS OF CCLEANER AND ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE AND SKY GO PLEASE READ

[ Edited ]

People who use the registry cleaner Ccleaner and also use Sky Go, Please ensure that you change the settings on Ccleaner to ensure it doesn’t remove application storage from Silverlight.

As many users are aware, If you allow Ccleaner to run without unchecking the Microsoft Silverlight option in the settings, The next time you open up Sky Go Desktop it will register as a new device. So if you scan you system twice in a month then you will have to wait the calendar month in order to start viewing again. As the systems will think you have registered 2 devices.

To fix this error and not be unfortunate like many other users of Ccleaner And Sky Go. Follow the steps Below.

• Open Ccleaner
  • Click on Applications
  • In the multimedia box, Uncheck Microsoft Silverlight.

Also When updating Ccleaner Ensure you check that Microsoft Silverlight is still Un-checked.

For AdvanceSystem Care Users

1. Open Advanced System Care

2. Go to settings

3. Open 'Deep Care'

4. Highlight 'Privacy Sweep'

5. Scroll down to Multimedia and uncheck the Microsoft Silverlight box.

6. Click 'Apply'

I hope this is a help to forum users :smileyvery-happy:

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: USERS OF CCLEANER AND SKY GO PLEASE READ

Good post Stan.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Can one of the moderators/sky advisors make this a top post so it doesn't slip down the list when more posts are added.

Make people more aware and save the problems people have.

Thanks

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Staff
Malcolm-M

Hi Stantheman2k12, floated/stickied for you.

Please note that Sky cannot offer assistance in using or configuring CCleaner.

Malcolm-M
Super User
Stantheman2k12

I know that. But the more people that could be made aware of the issue of using both programmes could help save customers having problems. and save users who are entitled to the Sky go application accidently wiping the registary files so they do not have to wait a month to re-use the service.

Thought Sky would agree to this in some aspects as sky's slogan is "Believe In Better" so would have thought they would not want users to have issues with their services. (I agree also that it is not Sky's fault as the application (silverlight) is not sky owned, But the more made aware of the issues involved the better)

Thanks for reading

Getting There
Darwenwolf

Thanks Stan, your more help than SKY !

I'm New Here
mark-baggie-48

just come accross this problem solved it but the damage is already done, do i have to wait until march now to view sky again on lap top?

Super User
Stantheman2k12

You can hve 2 registered devices. so if you had you laptop and an iphone for example. And you did a cleanup of your computer then unfortunately you would have to wait until march

Getting There
Jim+King

Re: USERS OF CCLEANER AND ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE AND SKY GO PLEASE READ

Hi Stan

I use Advanced System Care and have been having Sky Go registered device issues for ages. I totally appreciate your really useful information regarding the settings. I had switched off Privacy Sweep in Deep Care and also in Quick Care, as I suspected them to be the cause, but have now updated the settings in both areas and switched them back on.

I however was still getting the issue, and as I am using the Pro version which has Automatic Services I found that under the AutoCleans settings it had Microsoft Silverlight switched on, so with that now unchecked I hope I have resolved a long standing issue.

Sadly I now have to wait until the beginning of next month to find out if this has done the trick! 

Thanks for the advice...

Jim...

Getting There
mm2810

Hi, think Stan is the man.  I have unchecked silverlight in both ASC and quickcare, so hope this has solved that problem.  However Sky still does not recognise my device (laptop), so expect I'll have to ring Sky to sort that.

Thanks for help.  Spent hours on this problem in January as well.

Margy

Super User
caesarome

mm2810 wrote:

However Sky still does not recognise my device (laptop), so expect I'll have to ring Sky to sort that.

Since you have done the changes have you restart Sky Go or your browser. Remember you can make only one change to registered devices a month so if either of those programs you are using has removed your registration details before then you might find yourself locked out for a month as Sky will not reset this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
leisa1

Hi

I was having this problem and did what you suggested and unticked the box in ccleaner.

After waiting for a month i used sky go again and it was working, i then used ccleaner and the next day low and behold it wasnt working again. When i go to click on anything in anytime+ all i get is a blank screen and the video does not start, if i click on anything in the TV guide and press watch now it just dosnt do anything.

Any ideas on how to fix this terrible piece of software.

Super User
caesarome

leisa1 wrote:   When i go to click on anything in anytime+ all i get is a blank screen and the video does not start, if i click on anything in the TV guide and press watch now it just dosnt do anything.

Any ideas on how to fix this terrible piece of software.

That sounds like it might be a silverlight issue and nothing to do with ccleaner this time. All that I can suggest is that you unistall Silverlight, reboot your computer and then install Silverlight again, but be aware that by doing this it will remove your computers registration details so you might have to wait another month.

I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
leisa1

Ok ive reinstalled silverlight and logged into sky go and it worked BUT, just logged out and back in again and i am getting the same black screen as before with nothing happening on anytime+. Using the TV guide i get sound but with no picture even coming up. This really is a bag of **** software. Any ideas?

Super User
caesarome

All I can think of is are you using any adblocking software or a program called No Script or similar, if so try disabling them and restart your browser and see what happens.

I do not work for Sky.