Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
JM1957
Accepted Solution

Try to connect Nintendo DS to Sky Broadband

Hi

Could anyone help please.

My son is trying to connect his Nintendo DSi to our Sky Broadband. He can connect to the Internet but when he plays his Pokermon game he cannot connect to the online gaming functions. He gets a message saying the access point security settings are not supported by nintendo ds. This is the same for all his other games.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Janice

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
Panzer

Re: Try to connect Nintendo DS to Sky Broadband

maybe the DS doesn't support WPA/WPA2 could try WEP.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
tom-uk

I have tried this and changing to wep does work.

I hope this has helped :smileyindifferent:

Occasional Visitor
Superhoop0808

It says there is a solution but I cant see it.  Can you let me know how to change the Sagem router from WPA to WEP as I cant access my DSi games online.  Thanks

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Superhoop0808, if you need to change your router to WEP the following instructions should help.

Please note however that changing your security to WEP will automatically stop all other wireless devices you have connected to the router from working until you reconnect these devices again using the new WEP key that you set using the process below.

1. Using a PC connected by Ethernet to the router, log on to http://192.168.0.1
  2. When prompted, enter the username: admin & password: sky (in lowercase)
  3. Click on the Setup tab if your router is black in colour or select Wireless Settings from the left menu if you have a white router.
  4. Scroll down to Security Options and place the dot next to WEP.
  5. Scroll down to WEP Security Encryption and ensure the first 2 drop-downs show Open System & 128 bit.
  6. Enter a passphrase into the box under WEP Key and click the Generate button.
  7. Ensure the dot is next to Key 1 and copy down the code that appears in the text box next to Key 1 (this is case sensitive).
  8. Scroll down and click the Apply button to save the settings.

Once you have followed the above steps, reconnect your wireless devices and when prompted enter the WEP Key you noted down from the Key 1 box on the router to connect.

Some devices such as Laptops may require you to remove the previous wireless connection profile before they will allow you to connect again. If you experience problems connecting your laptop or PC after following this process, please reply below with the version of Windows or Mac OS X you are using and I'll post the instructions on how to clear this.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
get
Visitor
get

sine up with BT

Contributor
jingars

Having just looked at my son's DSi, I suspect that you need to ignore the three "standard" wireless config setups slots in the menu as these only permit either an unencrypted or a WEP connection.

Instead, make sure these are clear of any config and click on the "Advanced Setup" option. Click on one of the advanced connections (4, 5 or 6) and click on "search for an access point". When I do this it finds my WPA2 encypted network and allows me to put in my wireless key. Job done.

The DSi worked with my previous router when I was with Plusnet, and now works with the (mandatory pile of crepe D-Link) Sky router I have had since moving to them for broadband and telephone on 20th Dec.

Occasional Visitor
simba45

This way round works

Many thanks

Contributor
jingars

:smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
gr8+gig+in+da+sky

when i use dsi connection 4,5,or6, yes it wil let me connect to internet but stil cant play any dsi games online. any one no a solution on how to play dsi games online???

spiffydonkey

I have the same problem - seems the routers sky provide are not compatible with NFC the Nintendo wifi service! And reason why sky??
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi spiffydonkey,

Have you had a look at our online help article regarding connecting your Nintendo DS to the wireless network?

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

spiffydonkey

Yes I have but it doesn't solve the problem! Yes it connects the dsi to the Internet to browse however Nintendo WFC (nintendos online gaming service) won't connect! You routers are not on the list of Nintendo WFC compatible routers! Your video and advice only connects the dsi to the Internet for web browsing and not online gaming!!

I need a fix to be able to use Nintendo WFC through your routers!! Try playing Pokemon online using all those settings and see it not work for yourself!

If needed I will make my own YouTube video showing it not working!!
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi spiffydonkey,

I am going to have a further look into this for you and I will get back to you when I have some further information.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
Skibeaky

Have the same issue - it was fine with BT (but nothing else was, hence our switch to Sky). I just want to download my weekly Professor Layton puzzles!