Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
MJIT

Transferring recorded programmes

Hi all , im sorry if this has been discussed before , but I have just ordered a 1TB Box , I was under the impression I would be able to transfer all my recorded programmes from my current Sky=HD Box to my new 1TB box but im told this is not the case , is this true ? And surely it should be able to be done by Sky ? Mrs will go mad if she loses all her Dr Whos lol

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Transferring recorded programmes

It is not possible to transfer recordings from one box to another.You could however copy to dvd if you like.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/recording-with-sky-plus-hd/copying-recordings...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
MJIT

Thanks for the quick response Kato and the usefull link

Pardon my complete ignorance in matters like this but why cant it be moved from one box to another , is it because its just not possible , illegal or any other reason ?

Could be a Dragons Den moment if someone could sort this :smileyhappy:

Super User
caesarome

It's because there is no way to do it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Frequent Contributor (Bronze)
NSMHD

There is a way to do it, but it can be tricky and may invalidate your warranty, for more info see http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/
If I or any one else has helped you, please click on the Kudos button.