Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
skysal

Transfer recordings from my Sky+HD box to my PC

Hello

Is it possible to do this & if so, how?

Thank you

Sally :smileywink:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Re: Transfer recordings from my Sky+HD box to my PC

It IS possible, though not supported by Sky. You need audio/video hardware and software installed on your PC. Then connect the AV hardware input to the red/white/yellow connectors at the back of your Sky box, using a 3-way coax cable (the cable connectors are usually coloured the same red/white/yellow). Play the recording on your Sky box, and use the record function of the AV software to capture it on your PC.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Gold)
Isitme1

[ Edited ]

About the easiest and cheapest way is to use a ClimaxDigital device available from Amazon. It comes with software to capture and edit.  All you need in addition is a Scart adapter and a suitable length of cable. If your box has a yellow video output you could use that. Mine doesn't, it only has Svideo which is inferior to Scart.

[REMOVED]

You might have to experiment with settings a bit, but I find I get excellent results with AVI. Remember you will not be able to record in HD. To do this you would require much more expensive equipment, running into hundreds of pounds.

Note - I am not employed by, or in any way associated with Amazon, except as a customer.

On ADSL Unlimited.
Amstrad DRX 890
skysal

Thanks for these replies, much appreciated!

Sal :catvery-happy: