Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Super User
Annie+UK

Toy story 3

Why is Toy Story 3 not on On Demand (Anytime+)? It's not even there under SD :smileysad:

Annie..........

Community Super User & Image Moderator (Meet the team)Sky customer since 1989. – βeta tester for Sky 📡 & Xbox One 🎮

DRX890 (4F3108, standby:active, padding:auto/5mins), DRX895 (4F3151, standby:none, padding:auto/5mins) both connected to LAN via Ethernet.
BT HH4.0a on BT Infinity 2 [76/18] unlimitediPad (version 3, iOS 7.1) – Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black, Win8) – Xbox One (day one edition).

If someone helps, say thanks by clicking the thumbs up.“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”, The IT Crowd.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

Re: Toy story 3

It's on under the showcase tab and in HD.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Annie+UK

I don't have Showcase enabled, 99.9% of new movie releases are put in On Demand even ones that are also sent via Showcase, for some reason this one has been missed out.

I will not enable showcase for the one or two items per year that it would be useful for, it's a waste of electricity and would keep me awake at night as noise in my bedroom is not good especially with my tinnitus :smileysad:

Annie..........

Community Super User & Image Moderator (Meet the team)Sky customer since 1989. – βeta tester for Sky 📡 & Xbox One 🎮

DRX890 (4F3108, standby:active, padding:auto/5mins), DRX895 (4F3151, standby:none, padding:auto/5mins) both connected to LAN via Ethernet.
BT HH4.0a on BT Infinity 2 [76/18] unlimitediPad (version 3, iOS 7.1) – Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black, Win8) – Xbox One (day one edition).

If someone helps, say thanks by clicking the thumbs up.“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”, The IT Crowd.

Super User
kato

You could enable Showcase if you wanted Toy Story,once it's transferred to your planner then turn it off again.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Super User
Annie+UK

Unlike downloading from On Demand, Showcase programmes are impossible to predict when they are sent to the box, anyhow I'm recording it ar 8pm tonight but I'd rather download movies as they use less electricity, I have 76mbp download, and they take slightly less HDD space as you don't have padding added either end :smileyhappy:

Annie..........

Super User
kato

If you activated Showcase like i suggested press record when in the Showcase tab it transfers straight to your planner,unless you can me differently how does that use more electricity?

Super User
Annie+UK

[ Edited ]

It takes 90 minutes of electricity to record live or recieve a showcase movie that is 90 mins long, I can download the same movie in under 30 minutes as it does not have to be done in real-time thus using a third of the electricity or less.

If I enable showcase I could be waiting ages (even days) for the movie, also other programmes on the showcase tab could also be recieved that I don't want.

Annie..........

Super User
kato

Up to you how you want to do it.I was offering you advice how to view Toy Story.

I would be interested how much extra electricity this uses.My guess is minimal and if you have those stats i would be more interested to see them.

I have two electricity monitors at my home and i have just started to down load a programme and both monitors dont register any change on them.

Super User
Annie+UK

[ Edited ]

The box must pull more amps when recording or downloading, as there is more HDD activity, so the less time it is doing either of these two tasks must use fewer amps, for me downloading is vastly quicker than recording live.

I would rather Sky populate On Demand with all movies that are recently released, IMO all Showcase programmes should also be available On Demand for those that want to choose which programmes they want rather than having them pushed on us by Sky.

Annie..........

Super User
kato

All i can say is enjoy Toy Story 3.

Frequent Contributor
jackplane1960

To be honest I have better things to do that worry about how much extra electric my sky box will use if I record something or download. Each to their own I guess.
Super User
Annie+UK

Come on, the electricity usage was just one small thing I mentioned, I did also say it used less HDD and takes less time!

Annie..........