There is a technical fault with this channel. 30

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 1 of 4

There is a technical fault with this channel. 30

Every evening (7 days a week) at 1900hrs whilst watching BBC1 my picture 'freezes' and 'jumps' for a second or two and returns to normal. After this 'freeze' if I try to change channel I get a blue screen with the message "There is a technical fault with this channel, please try again later. 30". The only way I have found to overcome this problem is to unplug the digibox and re-boot which is a pain to do every evening. Can anyone please advise what this error is about and how to cure it. Ta!

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Staff
Post 3 of 4

Re: There is a technical fault with this channel. 30

Hi gorgeousgeorge, this is under investigation. Next time it happens try pressing services, 4, 4 then clicking on find channels. Wait until it gives a result then back up out. It should save having to find the power switch.

Malcolm-M
All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 4

See a similar problem here.  Yours is related, except that as you may have a weaker Signal Strength than some other subscribers on the BBC's Astra 2d Low Band frequencies,  the momentary pixellation reported by others translates itself into a loss of signal on your setup.  Loss of Low Band frequencies is sometimes an indicator of ageing on the LNB, or a very marginal dish misaligment, or LNB skew.

Answer
Staff
Post 3 of 4

Hi gorgeousgeorge, this is under investigation. Next time it happens try pressing services, 4, 4 then clicking on find channels. Wait until it gives a result then back up out. It should save having to find the power switch.

Malcolm-M
Staff
Post 4 of 4

This should now be resolved. If you continue to experience this please let us know.

Malcolm-M