Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
gorgeousgeorge
Accepted Solution

There is a technical fault with this channel. 30

Every evening (7 days a week) at 1900hrs whilst watching BBC1 my picture 'freezes' and 'jumps' for a second or two and returns to normal. After this 'freeze' if I try to change channel I get a blue screen with the message "There is a technical fault with this channel, please try again later. 30". The only way I have found to overcome this problem is to unplug the digibox and re-boot which is a pain to do every evening. Can anyone please advise what this error is about and how to cure it. Ta!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: There is a technical fault with this channel. 30

[ Edited ]

See a similar problem here.  Yours is related, except that as you may have a weaker Signal Strength than some other subscribers on the BBC's Astra 2d Low Band frequencies,  the momentary pixellation reported by others translates itself into a loss of signal on your setup.  Loss of Low Band frequencies is sometimes an indicator of ageing on the LNB, or a very marginal dish misaligment, or LNB skew.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi gorgeousgeorge, this is under investigation. Next time it happens try pressing services, 4, 4 then clicking on find channels. Wait until it gives a result then back up out. It should save having to find the power switch.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

This should now be resolved. If you continue to experience this please let us know.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.