Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
WombleCap

The "free" wifi booster.

I went to claim my free wifi booster today, but in doing so noticed that my plan would increase by £2.50 as a result.

I have tried claiming through offers and the booster splash page, but both take me to the same accounts page, which advises my current price, with the new price to the right in brackets.

Am I doing something incorrectly? Or has the definition of free changed without me knowing?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: The "free" wifi booster.

If you saw something like this (This is what happened to me) then I wouldn't worry about it as it is clearly wrong:

monthly cost.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
WombleCap

That is precisely what I saw :smileyhappy:

I suppose it is better to just order it, and keep an eye on my bills. 

Occasional Visitor
Badger14

Been trying to order the free wi-fi booster but everytime I try it puts a one off charge of £20 to my bill....I've tried 3 days on the trot and it comes up the same every time.......anybody else having the same problem? 

Super User
caesarome

When you say it tries to add a £20 charge do you mean like my picture above ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Frequent Visitor
js.taylor

You will be charged £20 plus p&p if the free booster isn't listed under Offers when you log in to your main account.
Occasional Visitor
adam123456789

mine was totally free through my customer offers. it may depend onwhat package you have, i have tv phone and broadband.

Occasional Visitor
Steven+Lau

So are you paying the original £88 per month now? Or has it increased to £93?