Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Pixelogik

The Walking Dead, Season 4, Episode 1

After watching season 1,2&3 via catch up, I'm now ready for season 4, however episode 1 appears not to be on demand or listings....... Any ideas ?

What a stupid situation sky..... Get it resolved.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
derek500

Re: The Walking Dead, Season 4, Episode 1

Different series have different catch up/on demand rights.  If you were watching the previous series you should have recorded the new ones off Fox to watch when you had finished the others.

The catch up rights for the new episodes is for 28 days so only the last four episodes shown will be available.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Pixelogik

Thanks for the reply and reasons why and I now realise what I should have done, however it still does not change the fact that currently you can watch EVERY episode past and current EXCEPT for one episode. A stupid situation, regardless of the reason
Sierra+Hotel

No, it's definitely disappeared.

Like the OP, I took series 2 and 3 from Catchup.

I began recording series 4 from 'live' TV.

I got up to episode 4 safely tucked away, when I noticed episode 1 had... disappeared from my PLANNER!

I checked my deleted items - and it's not there either! It's like they've wiped it from the face of the Sky planet.

If you search Sky for Walking Dead Series 4 - all episodes are available to retrieve (that have aired)... apart from episode 1.

Strange!

Contributor
merv60

This is how confusing things are regarding The Walking Dead S4 on OD, see if you can follow it. If you select Fox Box Sets you can get S1, 2 & 3. If you select Fox Catch Up all you can get is S4 E4 & 5, & E5 is not available in HD. If you use the new Search facility & select TWD S4 you can get E2, 3, 4 & 5 all available to download from OD & E5 is in HD.

So how is it available to download from Search but not from Catch Up? This isn't the only show where I've encountered this happening.

On another related matter which is not Sky's fault I know, what's going on with Fox Catch Up, there's only 2 shows available, there used to be lots more including True Blood & AHS: Coven?

2TB STB 46" 3DLEDHDTV 3D Blu ray player/HCS
Occasional Visitor
Pocks

I'm having the same problem except I did set it up to record the new season but it seems to have missed the first episode!!!  Please Sky, can you put episode 1 of season 4 on!!!  I don't want to watch the rest of it without seeing the first episode.

Sierra+Hotel

[ Edited ]

"The catch up rights for the new episodes is for 28 days so only the last four episodes shown will be available."

If that's true, then we should see S4E02 disappearing in the next 48 hours from catch-up?

If this doesn't happen, then that would prove S4E01 has been removed in error - and needs putting back on! I can't start the series until I get hold of E01, come on Sky!

Contributor
derek500

Episode two expires at 4.43pm today and existing recordings will be deleted at midnight tonight. 

Occasional Visitor
Pocks

ridiculous. How can they delete things from your planner!!!  Sky, what are you playing at!

I have never had this with any other channel and I record whole series to watch all in one go all the time!

Sierra+Hotel

Whoah! So they did delete my S4E01!! I didn't imagine it!

Get your hands off my Sky box, Sky! I knew this happened with some films as well - but you get about 3-6 months to watch them.

My wife stores up entire series to watch weeks / months later - this clearly won't be possible for Walking Dead.

Why do they do this? I could only imagine to protect DVD sales - yet Series 4 won't be out on DVD yet, Series 1-3 will be - yet they're all available to watch On Demand!!?

Derek, how can you tell precisely when a recording will be deleted?

Regular Visitor
ITAlfie

It is plain from these posts that many experienced sky viewers have been caught out by the Walking Dead situation of auto deletions on license expiry - including myself. A friend recommended the series to me recently so I recorded series 4 on link and downloaded the other 3 series from On Demand. The total viewing time for the first 3 series is 36 episodes of 42 minutes which is around 25 hours of viewing. With the best will in the world does Sky really expect us to plough through this before the first episode of series 4 is deleted. Today, we are advised, episode 2 will depart at midnight. Could a Sky executive have a look at the contract for this and have it amended to at least three months retention or even give us the facility to control it ourselves. Please pass this on to someone who can action it within Sky. Thanks.

Contributor
merv60

[ Edited ]

Here's how you can tell when a programme will be deleted. Highlight the programme in your Planner or in Catch Up & press the i ( info ) button on your remote. This will tell you when it will be deleted/expire as well as programme size in GB or MB. Hope this helps.

2TB STB 46" 3DLEDHDTV 3D Blu ray player/HCS
Occasional Visitor
SoozyG

Totally agree,

We have just watched season 1,2 & 3 and now cannot start season 4 until we've seen episode 1!!

Crap excuse about the 28 days, thats a stupid rule put it back on.

Promotes illegal downloads in my eyes!

Visitor
Pixelogik

Thanks for all the replies.

I managed to watch it legally via YouTube on my iPad ! In HD too.... So all up to date :smileyhappy:
Occasional Visitor
Rach0

I am having the same problem. I need to find s4 ep1&2. Trying to find on you tube but no luck. Can you post link?