Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

The New Sky+ Recording & Playback Board.

We have increased the number of boards in the TV sections to make knowing where to ask for help or finding the content you want easier.

Something not right when you try to set a recording or playback a program from your White Sky+ box? Post your question here and we will try to help.

We are always looking for ways to improve the Forum for our customers and would appreciate any feedback you have, whether it's about the current restructure or any ideas going forward. All comments will be gratefully received.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Contributor
ryanrazhughes

Re: The New Sky+ Recording & Playback Board.

hello i am wondering if someone can help me, i am having trouble with my sky+ box not recording off my planner or even like right now wtaching topgear which i was planning to record, the signal is fine on both inputs, theres plenty of space on the harddrive 72%, remote working fine, when i press record, the red light on the box does not come on, but on the on-screen, the record symbol, comes up next to the title, whats going on?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Try a Planner Rebuild:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Maggie+Dog

Hi, please can you help?

I have just purchased a 2nd hand Sky+ box the old style Pace box. My Anytime option has disappeared and I can only use playback, record etc on BBC channels. When I use playback on ITV it comes up with a message "Recording interrupted".

Super User
caesarome

have you paired the viewing card to the box because this needs to be done first or as you have found out, some of the functions will not work.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Maggie+Dog

Will I need to do this through Sky Customer Service? If I do I'm concerned that I'll be chasing them every day, as a previous post had the same problem.

Super User
kato

Maggie+Dog wrote:

Will I need to do this through Sky Customer Service? If I do I'm concerned that I'll be chasing them every day, as a previous post had the same problem.

If you want all the box functions to work correctly,yes just give Sky a call.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Visitor
acr74

Hi for the past 4-6 weeks my Sky+ box has been over-recording series linked programmes.  I thought it only did it on C4 and C4+1 but it has also done it on ITV1.  Each programme on the planner lasts an hour but it sometimes still records in the morning when we get up - with 540+minutes on the planner for 1hours worth of programme.  Weve tries deleting the series link and re-adding it and also just manually adding the programmes one at a time.

Can anyone help or give any possible solutions???

Super User
kato

[ Edited ]

Try a planner rebuild.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Visitor
acr74

[ Edited ]

I cant get onto the Installer SetUp on my System SetUp page????????????????????

EDIT- Its done now

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi acr74, 

I was just wondering if you have recorded any programmes on the channels that were over recording, has the planner rebuild worked?

Can you let us know how you get on?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Visitor
Chelle+Belle

Hi

I have just purchased a 2nd hand Sky+ box. Paired it up with the viewing card no problem via live chat. All fine. When I went to record it says I have to upgrade. Went back to live chat and I did a planner rebuild about 4 times and its still not working. Can anyone help please. I have a + subscription so I know I dont need to upgrade.

Super User
kato

Is sounds like the Sky+ hasn't been paired on the card properly.Call Sky instead of live chat.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/contact-us/index.html

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi Chelle+Belle,

I was just wondering if you took up kato's advise or if you are still experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Frequent Visitor
Chelle+Belle

Hi. Thanks for your help Kato and Garry. I switched it off overnight and it all seems to be working now. Thanks very much :smileyhappy:))