Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
ROR

The Isle of Man IS part of THIS country.

I live on the Isle of Man and have your full package plus multi-room, £80 something a month.

I have attempted to ge the sky go app for my galaxy note 10.1 only to be told that this 'could' be in developement sometime in 2013!!

So I tried to download the app for my HTC Desire HD (it's on your list as a supported device) BUT got a dialogue box saying 'not supported in your country?? The Isle of man IS part of GB!!

Please advise 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Ross-M

Re: The Isle of Man IS part of THIS country.

Hi ROR,

While I understand your frustration about the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 as this is not a supported device on Sky Go this is not the only device that is not supported. At the moment there is no Android 10 inch screen devices supported as yet and when there is then this will be added to the supported device list.

With regard to your HTC Desire HD can you tell me are you using this connected to WiFi or over mobile data connection? Can you tell me who the internet provider is?

Let me know so we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Ross
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Mrmck

Hi Just seen this post,

I have the same issue, I have a Sony Xperia Z. The play store doens't have the Sky Go app in it and when I found it by a circuitous route it would not let me download it, citing not available in my country. I have tried both from my Mobile 3g which is Manx Telecom and also through my Wifi (which is also provided by Manx Telecom). I had Sky go on Iphone 3gs which worked no problem.

Additionally I cannot find a Sky Bet app which I also know is available to Android users (which i presume is also for the same reasons as above). Again I used Skybet on my Iphone 3gs no problem, connected to the same network (3g and Wifi) so i find this bizarre.

It's a bit annoying when they worked fine on my old tech but don't work on the latest kit.

Please can you find and advise solution and work around for both? As the previous poster says I'm paying best part of £80 per month and not able to get the most out of my Sky at the moment.

Community Coordinator
Kat-S

Hi Mrmck,

Thanks you for all the details you have provided us with however can you tell us is it a Sony Xperia Z phone or tablet you are using?

Once we know this we can assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Kat-S
Community Coordinator

Getting There
Mrmck

HI it is the Xperia Z phone

Thanks

Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi ROR,

We haven't heard from you in a while. How are you getting on with things?

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Mrmck,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I have been looking into this and The Isle of Man is a dependency of the British crown, however it is not a part of the UK or EU. That to a side this should not stop you getting access to SkyGo like you did with your iPhone 3GS. My guess is that your iPhone had an automatic coding in its software or something like it that told the phone to ignore the geographic location.

I will escalate this you to be investigated. Someone will be in touch as soon as possible via private message.
Chris-McP
Community Coordinator

Getting There
Mrmck

Point taken on the Crown Dependency but I look forward to hear your solution

Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

No problem Mrmck,

I will escalate this and some will be in touch from 9am tomorrow.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator

Explorer
Bren1892

I live in Jersey and the same applies.  The problem is the PlayStore who do not recognise any of the offshore islands as part of GB; their database does not recognise the country codes used.

The local Telecom provider over here has contacted Google on numerous occasions since the beginning of this year to ask them to update their database but this has not happened - to no avail.

I have managed to get SkyGO via an .apk that was put up here when there was a problem with the Nexus but my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is unsupported - another story which is down to Sky's tardiness.

Explorer
MaryHep

I have a friend that goes back to the Isle of Man on business and he has the same issue but apparently it's down to Google and not Sky; don't know if he was fobbed off.  Trying to get in touch with Google, I assume is gonna be a nightmare!  I've found the 'contact us' page folks https://support.google.com/accounts/?hl=en&rd=1

Have you tried setting up a Gmail account and registering it to a mainland address (if you or a friend have one) - again I'm not sure if this will work.

M

Explorer
Bren1892

I have loads of emails from Google promising to sort it.  Nothing as yet though.  They are simply not bothered.  The same issue applies with ITV player and BBC media.

Associate
android+fan

There are no betting apps on play store they are not allowed you have to download the skybet app from sky website,or get an app called getjar which has downloads for all apps not listed on playstore