Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
Legz2614

Temporary error: ymws:Server.MailboxOpenFailed

Mail Box locked up. Can send but cannot receive.  Cannot access web mail. 4 other email accounts working with same configuraion.  NOT A CLIENT POP3 CONFIGURATION PROBLEM.

Error report below:

We're experiencing some technical difficulties...

We’re sorry, but Yahoo! Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try again shortly or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.

Temporary error: ymws:smileyfrustrated:erver.MailboxOpenFailed

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
harveyinstance

Re: Temporary error: ymws:Server.MailboxOpenFailed

i keep getting this too. So frustrating.. E-mails have not been right since they switced to Yahoo, wish they would have just left them alone!!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
Legz2614

This one seems to becoming more common. These clowns have under dimensioned the platform.
Frequent Visitor
razor82

I'm getting the same error, yahoo really needs to sort these errors out, or sky needs to go back to google, never had a problem with them!!

Occasional Visitor
mercedesclk

Same same here

Temporary error: ymws:smileyfrustrated:erver.MailboxOpenFailed

Visitor
Alimc0

Same here.....haven't been able to access emails at all today because if this......

Occasional Visitor
mercedesclk

ironic that you get a screwed up face smiley when you copy and paste the error log

:womanlol:

Occasional Visitor
ccsdigital

[ Edited ]

Email not working for me either on computer, phone or tablet. Same error on Webmail too.

HATE Yahoo Mail with a vengence even when it is (supposedly) working, worse decision ever by Sky to move away from Google mail.

Occasional Visitor
Sammy2606

I have been informed by Sky that the error is because they are updating the yahoo server should be fixed in the next 24 hours hopefully.

ccsdigital wrote:

Email not working for me either on computer, phone or tablet. Same error on Webmail too.

HATE Yahoo Mail with a vengence even when it is (supposedly) working, worse decision ever by Sky to move away from Google mail.

Occasional Visitor
ChrisG1

I have to agree the Yahoo mail service is far inferior to the old Google service. I rely on my sky e-mail account and Calendar.

Now I am going to have to go to all the hassle of letting everyone know of a new E-mail address simply because this sky mail account that I have been using for a few years now is too unreliable, Plus I'll have the joy of importing all my calendar entries into a new calendar -

If anyone has a solution to this please let me know.

Regular Visitor
emma+on+a+rant

This is annoying me!!! Expecting some very important emails and can't get to them. I stopped using yahoo/BT because of issues. Might have to look at other providers and see who they use.
Regular Visitor
dinotrev

Rubish service from YAHOO again. If they're doing work on the server we should have been warned. I have had this problem since last night. YAHOO give a poor service which, in turn, reflects badly on Sky.

Occasional Visitor
dickster27

Sky have told me that they're working on a solution but no timeframe given

Regular Visitor
Legz2614

Got this off Yahoo directly...seems there is some history of these sorts of problems...

You have to laugh in desperation at Yahoo...Today at noon:

Yahoo! Answers is currently unavailable...
Yahoo! Answers is experiencing technical difficulties. We appreciate your patience while we fix the problem and apologize for any inconvenience. We assure you we aim to have service restored as soon as possible. In the meantime here are some things you can do while you wait:

Just can't believe some twit at SKY made the decision with all the history of problems...so much for due diligence...

Occasional Visitor
DEL1701

I have the same problem, I haven't been able to get emails for the past day now :smileymad: this is my main email account and the problem is unacceptable, come on sky hurry up and fix the problem.