Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Explorer
Red32
Accepted Solution

Teletext on Sky+HD

Hello

I have just ordered a Sky+HD box for my dad. It is due to be received in the next few working days as I am doing a self installation.

My dad watches a lot of horse racing on television on At The Races and Racing UK and uses the teletext service on both channels at least a couple of times each day.

Will he still be able to access the anologue teletext service on these channels via the Sky+HD box? I certainly hope so or I may think about cancelling it.

I got him the box as a surprise so that he can enjoy the football in HD, but should he not be able to access teletext I might have to return it.

If anyone could help me, please post a message, I would be very grateful.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
michael-r

Re: Teletext on Sky+HD

Hi Red32,

To access teletext this would have to be done through the settings on the TV itself. This isn't a service accessible through the Sky box. All you need to do is press the 'TV' button on the Sky remote, this switches the controller to have control over the TV. Then you press 'Text' on the Sky remote and this will bring your TV's teletext services up as long this is connected up to aerial.

Alternatively, Sky do offer an interactive service which can provide similar information to what teletext offer. This is accessible by simply pressing the red button on the remote when viewing a Sky channel. If you are viewing a movies or sports channel the information will appear differently in relation to what you are viewing. The interactive service does provide information like the latest news, weather and lottery numbers.

Michael
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Staff
Malcolm-M

Re: Teletext on Sky+HD

Hi Red32, if you are planning on accessing the text function you will need to have a SCART connection in place as well as HDMI. To watch HD channels you need the HDMI but this does not carry analogue text so you would have to switch back to the SCART input for that.

Malcolm-M