Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
MUFC+Nathan

Technical fault sky error 30

Help i have got no channels and all i can hear is like a hissing interference sound ..I have unplugged box etc and still nothing..i think my box is dead!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Technical fault sky error 30

What is the make,model & age of the box?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
StacieB

Hi MUFC+Nathan,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to the forum. Sorry its not under better circumstances.

Can you confirm that you have switched the box off, unplugged it and left for two minutes. Can you also check all connections are pushed securely into the box? 

Can you tell me what the weather is like in your area also?

Thanks. 

Contributor
MUFC+Nathan

I turned power off and reconnected after 5 minutes and still no signal? The weather is sunny outside but very cold!All wires and leads are secure also!

Super User
kato

Go through this link first.http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/standard-sky-box/error-messages/no-satellite-signal/

Also what make,model & age is the box?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Contributor
MUFC+Nathan

It is Amstrad sky digibox i got it April 2000..I think its dead to be honest ..it lasted longer than i thought so I cannot complain.

Super User
kato

Can you get into the menu to view the signal strength?

You may be right the box has had it being 10 years plus.You can get capacitor failure on the Amstrad boxes.

May be time and bite the bullet and upgrade that old box.

Contributor
MUFC+Nathan

[ Edited ]

I checked the signal strength earlier and it was fine..now the box will not even turn on the light on the box stays red for standby.It is dead for sure..I will have to get new box..sigh  Oh now all the lights are on green telephone line and orange light as well as the red standby Still it will not turn on..

Super User
kato

Try this.

1. Power the box off at the mains power supply.

3. Locate the backup button on the front/top of the box.

4. Press and hold in the Backup button, and while doing this switch the box back on at the mains supply.

5. Continue to hold the Backup button after you have powered on, you should see within 60 seconds 3 more lights come on the front of the box? At this stage you can release the Backup button.

6. If you have 4 lights lit, it means the box is going through the forced download procedure. Leave for 15 minutes then try to see if your Issue is resolved.

If that fails then the next step will be a front panel reset (This will reformat the hard drive losing all saved recordings):

1. Power the box off at the mains power supply.

2. Locate the left and right arrow buttons either side of the select button on the front/top of the box.

3. Press and hold both the left and right arrow buttons in together, and while holding power the box back on and continue to hold the buttons after the red light comes back on.

4. Continue to hold the buttons, you should see within 60 seconds, the blue/green circle light in the centre of the box light up a full circle.

5. Let go the buttons then press select button on the box twice.

6. You should see the blue/green circle light moving anti-clockwise and the record and play lights in the centre flashing on/off.

7. Once the lights go off, the box will have rebooted and you will now only have the red standby light lit on the box.

8. If you can now wait 2 minutes before switching the box back on from standby to see if the fault has resolved

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

If Kato's suggestion doesn't work, the box PSU is probably a goner.