Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
Brazier22

TV & Sky buttons don't work?

Hi all,

My son's Sky + remote was playing up so I bought him a new one. I have programmed it according to leaflet in the remote packaging but now the TV & Sky buttons won't work unless you push really hard OR when pushing you wiggle the button at the same time? When it first programmed I could turn the TV on/off, switch to Sky and do the same but now I have to put pressure on it or wiggle it.

Any thoughts as it's really annoying? This issue was the reason I bought the new remote.

Cheers

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Re: TV & Sky buttons don't work?

Hi Brazier22,

Welcome to the forum.

I would say if you are having to press the remote buttons really hard there is an issue with the remote. Pressing harder on the remote doesn't squeeze more signal out, it would probably mean the buttons aren't working correctly.

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
Brazier22

Thanks Barry,

It's the 3rd remote control I've tried and two are brand new? Could it be the Sky + box? I know it doesn't 'squeeze more signal out' and it's almost like there's a bad connection inside the remote itself but when I originally programmed them they worked perfectly for a minute or so.

Community Coordinator
Ross-M

Hi Brazier22,

Thanks for getting back to us.

This could be the box that is causing the issue. Can  you try controlling the box with the buttons on the box and see if this is slow in responding or responding the way it should be?

Thanks,

Ross
Community Coordinator

Frequent Visitor
Brazier22

Hi Ross,

Yes it is slow which is understandable as it's my original box form donkey's years ago.

What do you think it is?

Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Brazier22,

Thank you for getting back in touch about your issue. I would say that the infra-red receiving signal is on it's last legs on your box if it's donkey's years old.

Pushing really hard isn't the way forward with this although it does remind me when I was a young and played racing car games with my dad we would rock side to side as we turned corners.

I would recommend that you look into upgrading the box if this issue is becoming unbearable. Unbearable on your finger or your patience.

What did you do with the Sky remotes you recently bought?

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator

Frequent Visitor
Brazier22

Hi Chris,
I still have the remotes.

Who do I speak to about upgrading? How much etc.? I really don't want to upgrade to HD as it's only in my 10 year old son's bedroom.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Brazier22,

Great keep them as spares but don't leave the batteries in them.

You don't have to take up an HD box/subscription if you don't want to. Have a look over this page (you'll have to sign in with your MySkyID) for options and the prices included - http://www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/box-upgrade/

Let me know what you think.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator