Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
mine
Accepted Solution

TV Link (magic eye)

Hello all,

i brought a magic eye for my bed room, im so fed up with the thing it just will not work !!!!!!

i have put it in the back of the sky+ box and gone into the menu and turned it on 

the led light came on so that all OK,

i live in a very small one bed room flat, so i ran the cable from my living room to my bed room, i pluged it all in, but my room TV said no signal, i could use the sky+ remote to change the channel in my room coz i could hear it change in the living room ????, i disconnected the link and could not change the channel from my room

so the eye works, what am i doing or not doing can any one please help me.

i did buy a free veiw box for my room again the TV (new flat screen) said no signal.

i can only get channels BBC1 BBC2 and ITV use the same cable to the arial point in the living wall 

the bed room TV is very fuzzey is that why the eye will not work, or do i need to tune the bed room

TV when it says no signal i cant do anything, i cant change the channel, its just a blue screen with no signal in the middle 

im so fed up 

please can anyone help and thank you very much

olayinka

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
El Capo
Kenneth+M

Re: TV Link (magic eye)

The coax cable from RF2 on the digibox should be connected to 'TV Aerial' on the back of the second tv.  You then have to run an analogue scan ( NOT DVB ) on the second tv to receive the signal from the Sky box.  When the scan is complete, give it a channel number ( usually Ch6 ) .  If the picture is not good, you'll probably have to try a lower RF Channel number on the Sky box, then rescan the second tv.

For more on TV Link Installation and Fault Finding, read:

TV Link Installation & Fault Finding

and

Problems With Tv Link

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
mine

Thank you for your reply, i need to ask a few more questions though,

the cable im using is white (also have a short black one too)

the ends have pre made coaxial on, female i think, i need a male coaxial connector, which i have, to connect to back of sky box IS THIS THE RIGHT CABLE, for my bed room TV do i run the scan when ive conneted the eye or before, just to say when i connect the eye, the TV screen is blue and it says no signal and all i can do is turn it off  it will not change channels or run scans when the eye is conneted  all i get is no signal blue screen

thank you so much for your help but need a little bit more to get this eye working

thank you

olayinka

Getting There
mine

OMG!!!!! it works!!!!!!! it works, thank  you so so so much i ran a scan on the bed room  TV like you said and at the very end there it was

thank you for your help

ive turned off my room TV figures crossed it work tonight when i turn it on

thank you for your help

thank you

olayinka

xxx

Getting There
velda

Thank you for magic eye info works fine now . Didnt with info with magic eye thanks

I'm New Here
n19ndw

Hi

I have had magic eye in my bedroom for the last 12 months and it all worked fine. However last night it stopped working.  (can watch channel but unable to change) I have read the forum and turned the skybox and the tv in the bedroom off, Tried taking the battery out and holding the select button for 60 seconds, and  checking if the RMF feed is switched to on and checking the control works by trying direct on to the sky box

- As the magic eye sits above the wardrobe door it has not been touched so little chance of damage (and yes the red light is on

appreciate some suggestions what I can do next

thanks