Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Chris+matt
Accepted Solution

Syncing JVC LT42TG30J with sky remote

Can anyone advise how to sync my JVC TV to my sky remote. Have tried numerous codes but nothing seems o work. Even rang sky and they advised asking the sky community! Every button works except volume, mute and turning off.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Syncing JVC LT42TG30J with sky remote

Try Sky's code finder if you haven't already.http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/remote-controls/operate-tv-with-sky-remote/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Chris+matt

Already tried all the codes it suggested. Thanks
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

You may need a Rev9 remote if your tv is a new model.

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi Chris+matt, 

It's great to see that members of the forum have been giving you some advice :smileyhappy:

Could I ask what version of remote control you have and we will see if there is a code for you? To find out the version of remote, remove the battery lid and inside here you should see something like Sky.Rev8.

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Chris+matt

It is 8R so will try the 9. Cheers, will let you know if it's successful
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi Chris+matt,

We don't have your model number listed in our guide so I will be unable to confirm if the V9 remote control will definitely work your TV. 

Here are the codes we have available, along with the version of remote control that the code works with. 

0681 0399 0121 0218 0634 0220 0064 0246 0446 0536 0678  
0711 0759 V4 or Higher RCU Required
0671 V4 and V6 only
1846 2146 1181 1681 V9 RCU Required

If none of the codes on the V9 remote, it would suggest that we may suggest that the remote control is not supported at present.

Can you let me know how you get on with the codes and if it doesn't we can advise how to use a 4 digit brand code and it's procedure to see if that will get the volume working?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Chris+matt

Upgraded to the Rev9 and tried all the codes. Still no joy unfortunately.
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi Chris+matt,

I would suggest you try '0053' and see if this resolves the issue with your remote control.

Let us know know how you get on.

Regards.

Occasional Visitor
rosco-85

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I can tell you the code is def 1191.

The TV is actually a re-branded 'Vestel' TV. Found this info on another one of Sky's forum pages.

Dunno why Sky haven't updated this yet.

Chris+matt

1191 is a goer! Thank you soooo much, had just about given up! Cheers!
Visitor
Poppet25

Worked for me too:catvery-happy: All the functions work now...

Occasional Visitor
Skyuser2013

Re: Syncing JVC with sky remote

Anyone trying to Sync their sky remote to an JVC TV and not working, its because the TV is a re-branded company ('Vestel').

Please try this code: 1191

It should work with this code

Cheers

Occasional Visitor
Adv1

Hi, try code 1191 as it's a tv made by a company called Vestel but branded by JVC.

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi All, 

I was just wondering if anyone has had the code 1191 work for this TV? 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator