Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
Steve+Judd
Accepted Solution

Switching between a HD output to SD output on HDMI locks up box.

I have a Sharp Aquos 42" screen with SKYHD box, PS3 and HDMI DVD connected all via their own HDMI input to the screen.

Recently the Sky box when viewing either a HD channel or recording and switch to SD channel the box would lock. The screen would indicate "incompatible signal received" (ill update with exact message when I see it). The sky box responds to the Remote but no output is received.

Rebooting the Sky box resolves.

The TV is fine as If I select one of the other HD devices all is well.

I have swapped over the HD cables, this made no change.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Re: Switching between a HD output to SD output on HDMI locks up box.

Have you tried changing the output on your box?

Services 0 select. Try changing the gd resolution out to auto etc and press green to save settings
If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
Steve+Judd

Box is already on Auto.

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Have you tried it on 1080i to see if the problem persists?
If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi Steve+Judd, 

Can you let me know if changing the HD resolution outputs to 1080i helps? Just in case you need the instructions to change the settings, here they are:

• Press services, Options displays.
  • Press right arrow to highlight Settings and press select. Picture displays.
  • Press select Picture menu displays.
  • Press down arrow to highlight HD Resolution Output.
  • Press left or right arrow to change setting to Auto, 576, 720p or 1080i and press select.
  • (OSM): “You are about to change the output resolution. If a blank screen appears, wait 10 seconds or press Back Up to return to Picture Settings” displays, Press select
  • (OSM): “Output resolution changed. Continue to picture settings and then save” displays, Press select.
  • Press green to save.
  • Press sky to return to normal viewing. 

If this doesn't help, can you let me know the model of Sharp TV that you have?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
Steve+Judd

I have set the box to 1080i and will monitor, it has in the past Ben fine for days after arenoot
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi Steve+Judd, 

As it has been a few days since your last post, I was just wondering how your box is performing? Are you still having the issue or does it seem to be working OK?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
Steve+Judd

Seems to be ok ( for now)
Occasional Visitor
Phil+Sumner

I also experience this issue. Most often it happens when switching between any HD channel and Comedy Central X (128).

My TV is a Toshiba 32RV753, Sky box is Samsung R003.47.25.00P, v 9730B3, os v r003.047.25.00p, epg 47.0.16.1.

The symptoms are that the screen goes black, there is no response to any buttons on the remote, except the power one which appears to turn the box off (light goes amber). Only way to get the picture back again is to power the box off/on again.

HD resolution Output is set to Auto though I have just changed to 1080 as per this post.

Ta
Phil
Regular Visitor
Steve+Judd

I can confirm setting the box to 1080 rather than auto has cured the issue for me
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi Phil+Sumner, 

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the help forum :smileyhappy:

Can you let me know how you get on with the system since changing the HD resolution to 1080i? It would be great to see if this sorts the problem for you. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi Steve+Judd, 

Thanks for coming back to me and letting us know that this issue has been resolved :smileyhappy:

Please feel free to come back to the forum to ask any other questions that you have. 

Regards, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Visitor
Alwyn23

I have had this problem for the last few days and have tried changing the Picture resolution to Automatic and to 1080i with no success. My TV is a Sony Bravia 42". Is there anything else I should try?