Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Nephilim

Suspicious activity was detected on your account.

[ Edited ]

So I am trying to reply to an email - single recipient, not multiple recipients (though the mail was sent to multiple recipients, & lo & behold in the web mail portal i get the following message: Suspicious activity was detected on your account. To protect your account and those of our users, your message was not sent. Please follow the guidelines outlined on our help page to resume sending mail. <REMOVED>? I check my sent items, nothing, check my deleted items, noting untoward there. so now I can't reply to emails, thanks to Yahoo!'s absolute <REMOVED> of a mail client, why oh why did Sky ever switch to this utter <REMOVED> mail client I will never know but there we go. TBH the whole switchover is a little bit <REMOVED>. can someone fix the mail client, or move us back to Googlemail, which atleast was (a) stable & (b) worked thanks

• Edited: Removed inappropriate language

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Re: Suspicious activity was detected on your account.

Hi Nephilim,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forum.

I am sorry to read that you have been having some issues with sending emails to more than one recipient at any one time. What we would ask you to try with this problem if to try resetting your password by going to this page and entering the requested details. If you can do this and close the browser, then try to log in to your emails once again, and then try to send your email once again.

If you are getting this problem while trying to send an email through an email client, if you can reset your password as above and then delete the account from your email client, reboot your device, and then try to set it up again as if doing so for the very first time by following the steps laid out here.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions or queries please reply to my post.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.