Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
greenmoom

Re: Subtitles (Lack Off)

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for my particular "subtitle" problems as there seems to be so mant similar but different forums. Hopefully some can help.

I have and Amstrad DRX 780 running OS SYSF 32.27 and will more often than not have the subtitles freeze, go out of sync or just not be there. 

I have just completed a planner rebuild which has had no effect at all. 

My main problem is that I can't figure out from the various posters if this is a hardware issue, software issue ( I can't see what the latest software version for my box should be) or the subtitles in the program just not being very good.

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi greenmoon,

Has this always been an issue, or has it recently developed?  Can you give us some examples of channels / programmes / times that this happens please?  Are there any channels in which the subtitles work ok?

Many Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
COYS37

Since it is now 1 year since Malcolm-M (on behalf of Sky) gave us "audibly impaired" hope that sub titles would appear on Anytime plus "this year", I wonder what answer Garry has for us. I feel as an old customer of Sky that I am not considered anywhere near as important as a new customer.

Customer loyalty has disappeared in this country - witness the fact that we change our car insurance,household insurance virtually annually. Do we now change our TV providers as well? If threatening to move to cable would help Sky improve its "service" I would willingly do it!

Come on SKY - get your act together for all of us who don't normally complain.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi COYS37,

We do value all our customers thoughts and opinions. It's not great to see your are feeling let down by Sky and also as this is your first post on the Forum, it's very frustrating to read that it's under very difficult circumstances, however I am pleased to welcome you.

Now what I take from your post is that you have an issue with subtitles, however would you be able to tell me more?

Regards.

Visitor
COYS37

It's quite simple really. If you use anytime plus, none of the films,etc. have sub titles. It makes the whole system of anytime plus USELESS!

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi COYS37,

I am going to investigate this further and I will get an answer to your query as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

[ Edited ]

Hi COYS37,

Unfortunately subtitles are not available on Anytime+ at the moment as they will increase file size and it will also extend the time for it to download.

Regards.

fogstershadow

Subtitles couldn't make it that much bigger.

Visitor
COYS37

On behalf of profoundly deaf people (myself included) I find your answer UNHELPFUL.

You are supposed to pay more than lip service to ACCESSIBILITY.

With Broadband speeds increasing nicely, I have some scepticism about your response (lack of Sky will and resolve rather than technicalities)

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi COYS37,

I am sorry you feel disappointed with the answer I posted to your question. I can understand this is frustrating for you, however it's not available at the moment on Anytime+. This may change in the future.

If we can help with anything else then let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Occasional Visitor
ainiesta

I think he said he is deaf, not stupid. How can you say that the reason for not having subtitles is the size of the download would be larger? A subtitle file is plain text, no more than 100Kb, so please, just say, no, no are not going to add subtitles to Anytime plus, and that's it.

Occasional Visitor
Truetovirgo

I need sub titles and can not watch TV without them. I recently "upgraded" to a SKY+HD box and am so disappointed that sub titles are not available on HD. This means I can not watch any of the SKY channels now so my course of action is obvious - watch Freeview only.

Occasional Visitor
Truetovirgo

Further to my earlier posting, I have just completed the rather long but excellently explained instructions for System Reset under "No subtitles showing using SkyHD" under the "Picture and Sound" main menu. This has completely cured the lack of subtitles when watching HD. Apologies to Sky and thanks for their very good help files.

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi Truetovirgo,

Excellent to see that you have managed to resolve your issue.  It is great to see users taking advantage of our Help Centre :smileyhappy:

It would be great to see you back ad getting involved within our community.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
gazndeb

have just added sky broadband, to get anytime +, what a joke,   its bad enough not having titles on lots of other programs, but not to have it on anytime+ at all!!!

is disgusting, (my wife being deaf), everybody who needs them should contact offcom and let them know , that sky is putting money before minorities,   how come  in the very expensive  adverts they dont say that deaf people need not apply as we dont give a s**t about them, only had it 1 week and if i knew before i would not have bothered,as its not fair to  my wife,all the crap that the so called sky advisors tell you about download size for the titles is a load of bull,

its purly about money and they dont want to spend on the deaf , if enough people cancel sky regrding this they will take notice (money again)

hope virgin gets the cable laid in the near future , 

very annoyed from altrincham.