Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Store & Share - Important Announcement

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

We regret to announce that from the 1st of December 2011 the Sky Store & Share service will be closing. From October no new registrations for the service will be accepted.

To ensure that all of your Photos, Music, Videos & Documents are not lost we urge anyone with an account to ensure that all of your files moved either to your home computer or an alternative Online data backup service before this date.

For any of you who currently pay for the service, either standard or premium. You should find that your September payment will be the last to be taken.

In the meantime, you can still access all of your files through Sky Store and Share until the 30th of November but remember any files left after this date will be removed as the service is closed down.

As always, we’ll keep you posted as the closing date approaches.

Cheers 

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff (Retired)
DanielFutz

Re: Store & Share - Important Announcement

[ Edited ]

Hi all, 

Just to say that If any of you have any questions relating to the Sky Store & Share service closing please don't hesitate to post below and we will do our best answer them for you.

Hope this helps and happy posting :smileyhappy: 

Thanks. 

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
cousteau69

Hopefully, it is just a temporary 'access issue', but I went to begin downloading my stored files today - and everythig is gone, and my store empty!!!

Community Coordinator
Robert

[ Edited ]

Hi causteau69, 

I'm sorry to see this, can you tell us if you're still having problems when you try again today?

If you are still experiencing issues, please contact the Store & Share team by e-mail to support@skystoreandshare.com providing them with your Sky iD username and the account level (starter, standard or premium) so that this team can look into the issue further for you.

None of your data will have been deleted at this stage.

Thanks,

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Murph75

[ Edited ]

Is there an easier way to download all the my files (1000+) in Store & Share, rather clicking on each one and saving locally?

Occasional Visitor
Freeda

It would have been nice to be notified of this!

We would not have known had it been for the fact that the Sky Backup Manager has failed for the last two days and we went to the site to find out why.

We pay monthly specifically to use this to back up our business files.

We now have to find another reliable source.

It's all very well saying just search the web!

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

[ Edited ]

Hi Freeda, email were sent out to the registered addresses for the accounts a couple of days ago. I'm sorry if this didn't reach you. Is the backup manager service still not working for you?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Murph75, to contact the Store & Share support team for advice, please log in to your account at www.sky.com/storeandshare and submit your query through the Contact Us link.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Murph75 wrote:

Is there an easier way to download all the my files (1000+) in Store & Share, rather clicking on each one and saving locally?

Hi, I've had some feedback from the Store & Share team.

If you are a standard or premium customer the backup manager should enable you to bulk download your personal data (photos/docs etc). If you are a starter user, you do not have the back-up manager, and so must download the files individually.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
pbot

[ Edited ]

Hi,  I have tried downloading with the back up manager but it keeps asking me for a password.  I have tried everything i know,  Unfortunately I had 2 sky accounts and I think the back up manager was attached to the wrong one.  I feel that as it isn't our fault Store and share is closing all accounts no matter what you have should be able to download all the things stored in their account.

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi pbot,

I am sorry you are having issues trying to access your Store and Share.

If you experience an issue with Store & Share, please log in to your account at www.sky.com/storeandshare and submit your query through the Contact Us link.

Once you have completed the contact us form, a confirmation is sent by email to confirm the query is received. You will receive a resolution or follow up if needed by email, within three working days.

I hope this has helped and Welcome to the Sky Forum.

Tricia07
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Murph75

I am a paying customer, but never used backup manager before. So when I come install it, it assumes I want to backup something and then restore it.  Not download all my familys photos?  Do you understand, it doesn't let me restore or download all my photos.

Thank your help so far , but contact 'contact us'  is next to useless they have had over 3 messages from me in 4 weeks and they have not even replied.  I am very annoyed with SKY on this.

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Murph75

You will have to select each item individually to add to the store and share site the option to mass download is not available.

Cheers

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Mclardy

Hi

I am trying to login to my store and share account to close my account and remove the files, but its not letting me do it .. it dosent even recognise me as a user!

Can someone please help me asap!!!

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Mclardy

sorry just to add i pay for this service