Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
dphillips123

Still no RTE One HD, RTE News Now, RTE One+1. Get your <REMOVED> in gear Sky.

[ Edited ]

Irish customers being neglected once more. A bill increase again this February, the third in three years for me and we are still without the following services:

RTE One HD

RTE News Now

RTE One + 1

TG4 HD

Setanta HD

Irish customers are treated like second class customers.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
amberw94

Re: Still no RTE One HD, RTE News Now, RTE One+1. Get your <removed> in gear Sky.

[ Edited ]

Hi dphilips123, 

Thanks for contacting us on the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. These channels are not currently available on Sky however if you wish to submit them as ideas you can do so here in our community suggestion box. 

Thanks, 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Gerry123

Re: Still no RTE One HD, RTE News Now, RTE One+1. Get your <removed> in gear Sky.

I posted that idea on the suggestions forum as you mentioned Amberw94, although a sceptical person might say this is not the first time this has been suggested to Sky, and either wheels are moving very very slow indeed, or Irish customers are indeed ignored.

Recently I subcribed to Sky HD offering a great picture quality, but the service itself proves to be disappointing to Irish customers. For some unexplainable reason the hefty charge for HD channels in Ireland does not provide RTE1 HD (the no. 1 most important Irish TV station, available for free with other TV providers), and Channel 4HD plus ITV1HD had to be added as 'other channels' so that the EPG can not be used.  Of course, 'other channels' cannot be paused or recorded, so that's not much good if you want to make use your Sky+ HD box.

Channel 5 HD is not available at all and to make things even worse, a few days ago ITV1 HD has been taken off the 'other channels' frequency all together. What's wrong with Sky? First pursuade people to sign up to HD channels, lock them in to a contract, and then pretend the Irish are a second rate customer who don't deserve the TV service UK customers get without hassle (for less probably)! 

Tip to other Irish customers; for the moment UTV HD is still available if you add it under 'other channels' ' (11053, H, 22.0, 5/6).

I hope that Sky will make improvements soon to their selection of available HD channels so that Irish customers no longer have to feel discriminated. If you accept our money, please have the courtesy to provide a proper service.

Graduate
Dave..M

Re: Still no RTE One HD, RTE News Now, RTE One+1. Get your <REMOVED> in gear Sky.

Don't hold your breadth, I am in contract for HD until June 17th and will be giving my 30 days notice on May 16th, it's nice but unfortunately like SKY's other services when compared to the UK version it costs more and delivers less and I find that very off putting. The freesat set up actually gives a better ENT HD line up.
Getting There
porter2013

Re: Still no RTE One HD, RTE News Now, RTE One+1. Get your <REMOVED> in gear Sky.

I totally agree about lack of Hd channels. Now itv1hd has been removed from other channels. Is sky Ireland now going to start removing manually tuned channels as a matter of policy. If so I will cancel my long time subs as a matter of protest. Perhaps it was time sky Ireland was investigated by a watch dog Imagine if bbc 1 hd was not available to uk viewers on sky. We are not getting value for money on bread and butter channels. Is it because sky is uk based and we are JUST Irish. If we all complain then they might actually listen to their IRISH customers.
Graduate
Dave..M

In fairness ITV HD changed satellites and as a result the symbol rate, SKY however have chosen not to update the manual tune option with the 23000 SR which is being used increasingly on HD broadcasts for a long time now (only SKY know why they don't support this), UTV HD is still available but word is that will flip soon. Unfortunately just another reason to go FTA over here where you can get ITV HD along with the other ITV channels and more besides all fully recordable to boot. SKY you need to start doing more than ask us to believe in better, you need to start showing us better.
Community Coordinator
Caroline-E

Hi porter2013,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear of your views about the  lack of HD channels.

At present Sky Ireland TV customers get Irish terrestrial channels as well as the BBC channels with any package they choose, included as standard.

These channels include RTE One, RTE Two HD and BBC One HD which are available to customers with an HD ready TV.  They would also get RTE JR. I understand your comments about ITV1 HD being removed from other channels and your feedback has been taken on board.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to post again and I will help you further.

many thanks,