Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Re: Sony Xperia E won't connect to router

Good Afternoon trakker,

I can see you have been waiting quite a while to get your problem sorted with connecting your Sony Xperia to your Sky Netgear Router and would like to get this sorted as quickly as possible a you have been very patient with us seeing it has been over 3 weeks, numerous agents help and still no update which I apologise for.

As you have detailed what steps you have tried and they have not helped the next step would be to escalation your issues to our escalation team to look into this further. You will receive a private message shortly requesting more details and if you have any questions in the meantime please post back to me and I will help the best I can.

Thanks

Tricia07
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
grayoakz

I am having the same problem with my Sony Xperia U I have had 3 different routers sent from sky with internet issues as it is, I have searched about for a solution but one does not exist please help otherwise I will consider switching my provider!
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Richie+Cockayne

Good evening all,

I too have just bought a sony experia e mobile and connot get it to connect to my sky router (netgear), has any one got theirs connected yet.

It connects fine to friends on other service providers it just seems to be Sky, we were thinking of changing our sky+hd over and this i think has made my mind up if i can't connect to it.

Anyones help is much appreciated.

Occasional Visitor
RLWhite1965

Hi all

I am adding myself to the list of problem users.

I've managed to connect to my galaxy s4 as a hotspot (accessing the internet via 3G not wifi of course).

I have numerous iPads and laptops connecting to the sky router no problem.

Happy to provide any additional information to help resolve this.
Occasional Visitor
Kippaxboy007

Hi all
I have been reading the post and I have the same problem with Xperia e and sky broadband and net gear router, yet I have no problem with tablets, laptops and other devices even my wife's Sony Xperia tippo will connect. Hope someone can sort this problem out!
Regular Visitor
Munro77

Sky sent me the new hub and works a treat. Issue is the old netgear router and Experia compatibility.
Occasional Visitor
Kippaxboy007

Hope they send me one and soon!
Frequent Visitor
trakker

Likewise, just connected new hub, problem solved!!!Just a pity had to sign up to Sky for another year to get hub for free. If Sky  really cared about customers they would have admitted the problem existed months ago and offered this fix. If you still have an old router you will probably still have to convince them that a new hub is the solution, but don't give up.

Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Good afternoon everyone,

Thanks for letting us know of the problems you have had with trying to get your Sony Xperia E to connect to your router and it's great to read that these issues are behind you, for the most part at least.

Kippaxboy007, can you let me know if you have been in touch with our team as of yet to get a replacement Sky Hub sent out?

If you can let me know whenever you get a chance. If anyone has any further questions or queries, please give us a shout.

Thanks 

Occasional Visitor
Kippaxboy007

Hi Fraser

Thanks for your reply, as of yet I have not spoken to anyone at sky about the problem or to sort a replacement hub, so do I need to call or will you arrange for one to be sent to me.

Thanks

Kippaxboy007
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hey Kippaxboy007,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us about the issues you are having in connecting up your Sony Xperia E.

We cannot arrange this over the forum I'm afraid but you could purchase our new Sky Hub by going to this page.

Alternatively, if you get in touch with us over the phone and agree to re-contract for the next 12 months, we will get you a new Sky Hub sent out for £2.18 ( the price of postage and packaging).

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or queries please let me know.

Thanks