Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
The+Dog

Solid Red internet light on router

Had a solid red internet light on router since last thursday. Called sky who deducted it was the power supply unt ( how I dont know as there is power in the router and the wireless function of the router is working ).

Replacement power supply being sent out within 3-5 working days - still waiting

Anyone able to advise ?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: Solid Red internet light on router

Hi The+Dog, 

The power light indicator flashing red or constantly red indicates there is not enough power getting to the router for it to operate normally, we can sometimes see other combinations of lights appearing when this happens.

Hopefully the replacement power adapter will arrive shortly, can you confirm the date this was ordered?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
The+Dog

it was ordered last thursday. Ive got a letter telling me it was ordered but no actuall power supply.

Again Robert I want it arranged that I am not charged for the time down. in 2 months I have had access to internet for 2 weeks. As said when I was posting on the Sky talk forum - Deplorable.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi The+Dog, 

Unfortunately unlike the routers we are unable to track the delivery of the power supply units that are dispatched, please do however let us know when you receive this and I'll pick this up for you.

Getting There
The+Dog

so they send me  out a new power supply and the red light on the router is still solid red. Told em thats what would happen.

Told it would be 3-4 working days and it takes 7. 2 months and had 2 WEEKS working broadband!!

I demand a new router is sent out recorded delivery on monday sky !!!!!!!

Staff
Malcolm-M

Hi The+Dog, this fault can be caused by a faulty power supply although it can also be the router. I apologise that this has lead to a delay in resolving your issue. Advisors are instructed to try a replacement PSU in the first instance. Please contact us so we can discuss the next step.

Malcolm-M
Getting There
The+Dog

Ive spent enough time and money on my phone to u lot. U can arrange a call back for me. Please PM me and I will supply you with my details.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi The+Dog, 

I appreciate your frustration regarding the issues you are experiencing, I've sent you a Private Message asking for some details, please reply to this and I'll try to assist.

Getting There
The+Dog

OK so the new router arrives, gleefully plugged it in and guess what ?? - Exact same issue. So the question is what is the problem?

It would appear to be something maybe in the exchange or on the line as the phone line is working fine. Can receive calls and make calls etc.

PS Light may be amber and not red - it looks red to me but amber to the wife!

Getting There
The+Dog

Was told that equipment being swapped out at exchange and this would be done over weekend and would be completed by tuesday. Can anyone at sky confirm whether or not this has been completed?

Visionary
Smithy99

Have you plugged the router directly into the BT TEST socket with just an ADSL filter connected?

Getting There
The+Dog

I dont have a TEST socket, just a normal phone socket on the wall. It appears to be up and running again now so problem has never been at the house, with the power supply or with the original router. This is something that incidently I told the customer service rep I phoned at the very start of the issues.

Getting There
The+Dog

So broadband been back up and running since thursday and no phone call from Sky to say its sorted. Could it be that they dont even realise they have fixed it or just more shoddy "customer service"???