Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
Klunking+Klutch
Accepted Solution

Snow and no satellite signal error 29

Since the snow yesterday we have had no signal at all and also the number 29 in the top right hand corner. Everything was working perfectly before the snow. However we have no signal at all on the signal test since the snow. There is some snow on the dish but it's on the roof, so I cannot clean it off the dish. Is this just the weather? Or is there another fault? I have followed all the online checks with no avail. I'm not sure if we just have to wait for a thaw, or if of time to call out Sky. Any ideas would be very welcome.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

It probably is the snow that is doing this. It is probabl...

It probably is the snow that is doing this. It is probably on the LNB part (the bit that sticks out pointing to the dish) as you are just one of quite a few people who are reporting the same error code since the snow arrived.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
mgm20011

Had the same problem yesterday (in South Somerset). Got u...

Had the same problem yesterday (in South Somerset). Got up this morning to find everything working fine again. I think any sno on my dish must have melted overnight !

Occasional Visitor
snowdevil

hi folks, i also have been having problems with sky every...

hi folks, i also have been having problems with sky everything working apart from the t.v, i have rung them and was asked to do a few things e.g.unplug box hold the power putton down and plug back in whilst doing this, still no t.v, is there anyone who tell me how many times i can do this.thanks.snowdevil.

Occasional Visitor
jazzar

Re: Snow and no satellite signal error 29

just cleaned the snow from my dish and got instant picture- lucky i can reach my dish from my shed roof.

hope this helps.- also noticed that without signal you cant even playback recordings since sky need to know your card is connected to the box -done via the satelite link..

Regular Visitor
Klunking+Klutch

The snow has now melted and everything is working normally, thanks for your help everybody
Steve0473

I've got the same problem as described here. Woke up Monday and all was fine, got home from work and nothing, no signal, phoned the sky and I've been told to re-boot, force a software update and still nothing, so have to wait for a sky engineer to come out. All at a cost. Problem is I have no other tv signal source as sky seemed to have everything. Starting to feel that sky is a bit too weather temperamental.
Steve0473

I've got the same problem as described here. Woke up Monday and all was fine, got home from work and nothing, no signal, phoned the sky and I've been told to re-boot, force a software update and still nothing, sky dish is clear of snow, so have to wait for a sky engineer to come out. All at a cost. Problem is I have no other tv signal source as sky seemed to have everything. Starting to feel that sky is a bit too weather temperamental.
Super User
caesarome

The dish might be clear of Sky but are you sure that the LNB bit is as well, this is the bit where your wires from your sky box are attached to it, it is the arm bit that is pointing towards the dish and a bit of snow or ice will see you having picture related problems.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Steve0473

Yes it's all clear as its under the eaves of the house and between the ground and first floor so can have a resonable look. Had to have the dish replaced 6 months ago as the LMB had failed.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Steve0473,

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your frustrations as we all get the bad side of the British weather at some point of the year.

Please keep us posted of your situation.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
volvo+king

I removed the snow with a brush and got instant picture , just be careful !
Occasional Visitor
domino187

Fed up of this same problem when ever we has any bad weather at all I am without sky really annoys me as every month they take my money without a glimpse of sympathy,had new box and dish fitted literally 2 months ago still same problem, then you call them and they run through the same fix guides as usual with no prevail, followed by we need to book an engineer to call out that will be £65 please. been with sky for the past 8 years an since moving to my new house a year ago nothing but troible, think I might leave as live in England where weather is always bad resulting in no sky so glad I didn't book a ppv tho this time
Occasional Visitor
midge9999

hi,i have got the same problem since about 10pm tonight..no pitcure because of the snow..i am rather fed up of this happening as i pay my money to sky every month.i hope my tv will work again.i am glad i have my computer..

Occasional Visitor
Ev4043

I live in Perthshire, Scotland, and we have been hammered with snow for over a week. I didn't have any problems with my sky tv service until today - which is oddly the best day weatherwise we've had in while. No more snow fall, a bit of a rise in temperature and some thawing going on. So I don't understand why today's the day my signal goes on the fritz. 

I have the same signal error '29' showing as has been mentioned in this thread. I went through all the troubleshooting online to no avail, had to phone India, where despite me telling the guy I'd already done all the suggested checks I had to perform them all again. Again, with no result. I've been forced to pay for an engineer to come out - in a WEEKS time. Not happy one bit. Are they going to reduce my subscription for not having had any service for a week?! - No, of course not! They're going to charge me £40 extra instead. 

I live in a bungalow, so my dish is easy reached. I've been to have a look and there is no snow or ice present on the dish itself, any of the brackets, wiring, or the long arm at the front (LMB?) I've gently wiped it all down anyway, and checked the capbles are sound and attached. Still no signal. Any other ideas? I really don't want to have to wait a week, have to pay for the privilege, or try and get over half a day off work for the call out sometime between 12 and 6!

Sky, you are an epic fail at customer service. If only I lived in a Virgin area....