Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Em+Mango

Smartphone wifi connection problem

Hiya

I've been having issues connecting my Samsung Galaxy S2 to my Sky wifi router.  It works just fine with roaming mobile internet and i can connect to other hotspots when out and about but my phone just won't connect to my sky router.  I've been told to change my security encryption from TKIP to AES.  I've tried this in the advanced wireless settings on my laptop but the settings just resets itself. 

How do i do this please?

ta

Em

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Re: Smartphone wifi connection problem

When changing the settings on 192.168.0.1 are you applying the setting as it shouldn't revert back

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Em+Mango

sorry no idea what 192.168.0.1 is.  I've been trying to change it in the wireless networks advanced properties section. Maybe this is where i'm going wrong!

Super User
Stantheman2k12

On your web browser,

go to

http://192.168.0.1/sky_wireless_settings-wpa2mix.html

username is admin

password is sky

On there is the wireless security. change it to the setting option you want and click apply at the bottom

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Getting There
Em+Mango

Thanks Stantheman!  You're an absolute star!

Samsung Galaxy 2 is now all connected and working brilliantly

Ta

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Fantastic

Glad your sorted

Getting There
Sandie2005

hi i have brought my son a 2nd hand Samsung galaxy s2 for xmas but we cant seem to connect to the sky wi fi. It allows us to put in the sky id and password  but when it scans it then disconnects. Any ideas please?