Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
JK990

Smart TV

I have recently purchased a SMART TV with built-in Internet. 

How do I watch SKY on the SMART TV without connecting to a PC/laptop or SKY box.

Do I need to download an app?

Thanks for your help

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
fartoolong

Re: Smart TV

Don't you need a Sky box to decode the signal?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

I'm not sure that a SMART tv makes any difference to how you watch Sky. If you have a Sky box, and want to watch programmes from it, it will normally need to be physically connected to your TV by an RF, HDMI or SCART cable.

You may be able to use the SMART features to get access to Sky Go (Sky's video on demand service) on your TV - check Sky's website.

If anyone knows more, I'll be interested too.

Super User
caesarome

JK990 wrote:

How do I watch SKY on the SMART TV without connecting to a PC/laptop or SKY box.

If your TV is like my Sony one that also has internet capabilities then there is no way you can watch Sky via it this way as there is no app for it and from what Sky have said there are no plans to support internet TVs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
BillCo

You cannot do it via your Smart TV Apps as there isnt currently one for Sky....However you can connect an Xbox to your SmartTV and view ALL your SKY channels via the Xbox Sky app.  Your Xbox must have wifi. It then becomes one of your (currently allowing two) peripherals.

Occasional Visitor
Smart+tv

Hi,

I too have a. Smart TV connected to the Internet. I live in an area which doesn't allow satellite dishes to be installed.

I don't have an Xbox or similar. Can I watch SkyGo or SkyonDemand via a set top box connected to my broadband without a sky dish?

it seelike such a simple thing to do, but all see advice seems to be Xbox etx or my iPad, whicco won't connect to the TV.

Occasional Visitor
JennyDurrant37

How do I access Sky TV on my Samsung UE39F5500 

Super User
caesarome

You can't access it directly via the TV if this is what you mean. You need to connect a Sky+HD box to the TV to watch Sky TV.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
Gary38

I have the NowTV app on my smart TV (LG) - one can watch certain sky content via the app and without the need of a box.

Senior Member (Gold)
S1

Smart+TV

As has been posted above, these are only ways of watching Sky via Internet. You're only other option would be to try another provider that broadcasts without a dish requirement