Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Dazzoo

Skybox F3 F5 Free sky channels

As most of you are aware, A lot of people ditching sky and buying these new boxes that receive all sky channels (including 3pm footy games). Id like to know what approach sky are taking towards this? Is this curently being looked at to take action? Theyve been on for years now and still going. Whats the point in paying £100 a month for my sunsctiption when I can buy one of these boxes for roughly £120 one off payment, and be on for years?

Sky please explain whats happening

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
Mr+Giggles

Re: Skybox F3 F5 Free sky channels

soon will be stoped dont worry. same thing happen with virgin media a few years ago

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
bigalnkazz

I know the feeling it costs a fortune on a monthly basis and these crooks can do it cheaper than sky and offer more channels
Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hey Dazzoo, Mr+Giggles & bigalnkazz, thanks for bringing your concerns regarding these illegal satellite boxes to us via our Community. I can totally see your concerns as a Sky customer paying a subscription fee, and would like to help.

We do take reports of this seriously and are always looking to help ensure the correct action is taken.

If you've got a specific example of this, like a website, Facebook page etc. promoting these boxes, we can pass this on to the relevant team.

Please come back to me and let me know if you have examples, without posting the direct links publicly, and I can look in to this further for you.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
bigalnkazz

Hi andy thanks for getting back I've had a few messages from Graeme and sent him all the detailed info I have contacted chat And was told to email the file I made of at least 14 that sell these fraudulent boxes including emails numbers and addresses as its shocking that theses fraudsters are doing if try want sky do what we do and pay the fees like all the rest one of the people on list has said to have sold over 1000 of theses to me that could be thousands or millions that sky are being frauded for
Occasional Visitor
me4life

[ Edited ]

<REMOVED>

bigalnkazz wrote:
Hi andy thanks for getting back I've had a few messages from Graeme and sent him all the detailed info I have contacted chat And was told to email the file I made of at least 14 that sell these fraudulent boxes including emails numbers and addresses as its shocking that theses fraudsters are doing if try want sky do what we do and pay the fees like all the rest one of the people on list has said to have sold over 1000 of theses to me that could be thousands or millions that sky are being frauded for

bigalnkazz wrote:

inappropriate content removed.

Community Coordinator
Jason-H

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon,

Thank you for posts on F3 and F5 boxes, and other card sharing systems. 

Card sharing is illegal, and Sky invests a lot of time and effort in tracking, disrupting and reducing it, and prosecuting those involved in it, as can be shown by these example cases: herehere and here.

The boxes identified on this thread are the subject of current investigations and prosecutions, and Sky continues to work closely with authorities to eliminate their supply. Please don't be tempted to watch Sky this way yourself, because if you do you run the risk of the service being switched off at any time. 

Thank you.

Jason-H
Community Coordinator

Frequent Contributor (Silver)
popeye-is-king

You can buy them on Amazon and their not illegal in the slightest

Popeye
Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Thanks for your comments on these Sky boxes popeye-is-king, I can clear this up for you :smileyhappy:

These boxes are illegal within the UK due to the broadcasting laws. It's not legal to show any 3pm kick off within the UK, to reference Dazzoo's example.

If you've got a specific example of these being sold, please let me know without posting the details and I can arrange for this to be passed on to the relevant team. This would be done by taking the details via Private Message.

Please come back to me and let me know if you have an example and I can arrange this to be passed on.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator

Frequent Contributor (Silver)
popeye-is-king

Again, it is not illegal to view 3pm football and the device is not illegal. Amazon doesn't allow illegal content to be sold, so thats your first clue.

I will PM you details of where i kno them to be sold, however, they will continue to be as its not breaking any actual UK laws.

Popeye
Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Thanks for getting back to me on this poeye-is-king,

I've received you PM and will pass this on to a member of our team who'll pass this on to the relevant team.

If you need anything at all in the meantime, please feel free to post again on our Community and I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator

oj01

I suspect that most people, myself included, had never heard of these boxes until reading this thread.

They are clearly not illegal to sell or buy or they wouldn't be on Amazon, so its got me wondering whether the OP'S aim was to get more people thinking about them.

I know I am now going to look into them more.
Super User
rscott

As far as I can tell, they're not illegal to buy,sell, or use to watch non-encrypted broadcasts. The issue appears to be using them to decrypt content using their 'interesting' method of accessing a viewing card.
Contributor
yusuf+said

Sky will end these activities end of October thats what Im being told.

Contributor
yusuf+said

[ Edited ]

I dont like saying this but my friend has one and I watched a WWE PPV event live on Skybox office hd for free.