Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Staff (Retired)
Joss-91

Re: SkyGo App Windows Phone 8

Hi samhancock,

At the moment I don't have any new information on Sky apps for Windows Phone 8. If/when there is an update we will share it with the Community :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
kioni

[ Edited ]

sky need to really pull their finger out & sort this, it has annoyed me that i cannot get the app for my lumia & it seems that a few are more than just annoyed or feel inconvenienced.

all i keep seeing is that sky have no info. either way??? surely sky reps/employees are the ONLY ones who should no whats happening or am i missing something??

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
MSLover

I wouldnt give up on Windows Phone for the sake of a coupleof Apps, I've been on WP7 for 2 years and cant wait to get my WP8 next month for another 2 years!

Frequent Visitor
Ativ+S

It's not Windows Phone i'll be giving up on, Sky aren't as important as they used to be, a lot of competition that are just waiting to provide people with the same services Sky offer, and no doubt at a better price too.

Sky are a sinking ship guys, Windows Phone is an excellent Phone OS that's getting better and better, and I would rather trust Microsoft than Sky.

Contributor
MSLover

Hi I Appreciate the participation even if its frustratingly lacking in content. Theres now Sky Go on xbox, so come on Please push for more info please, you must be as annoyed at being asked the same question over and over.  

You guys must have an internal phone list/address book you can use to look up one of the developers and Say "Hey Dave" (I reckon thats the name of the guy that would answer the phone 'Dave the dev' has a ring to it) "Any chance of an idea if a Windows Phone app will be out soon?"

Dave shakes himself away from his Developer tools to focus on your question (Hopefully one will be Visual Studio) He klets out a sigh, it s not a irritated sigh just one full wisdom and experience, with the frustration yet understanding of being pulled away from a task he'd just managed to really make a breakthrough on, the new guys coming straight from school, college and university think they have all the answers full of exuberance but finding it difficult to direct that enthusiasm.  Dave has been doing this for years, experience and skill exude from him.  

He takes off his glasses, rubs his eyes slowly with one hand moving inwards towards the bridge of his nose a slight pinch and a sigh and says.....

And at this point you take his answer, say "Cheers Dave" maybe even get him a brew from the machine, suspect that is OK, but not the best quality coffee, so perhaps a proper one would be nice one form one of those big chains.  To be honest though I reckon Dave probably likes Tea, well brewed, No sugar.

You take what Dave tells you you type it here :smileysurprised:)

Dave of course is totally made up, however if you have a older chap in you dev team called Dave, who likes well brewed Tea with no Sugar, and you have a coffee machine with mediocre coffee please let me know so I can put the lottery on this week

Contributor
MSLover

Sorry ativ that was aimed at Goos comment from a few days ago:

"i have read all the comments regarding the lack of apps on windows 8. I am in the process of choosing a new phone, want the nokia 925 but at the moment only OS of W8, so cant buy a 'top W8 phone' with no top apps, such as sky go, bt smart talk and hp e print.

Why on earth would anyone spend their monies on a 'new' phone with all this crap going on, its obviously about money priority behind the scenes so as the dragons says 'Iam out'  :smileylol:"

Hopefully he/she will still have a bash with a Windows Phone and the apps will come, unfortunately the only thing that will get the big companies to invest is critical mass of users, which needs people to accept a gap but still gamble  Its a rubbishy Chicken and Egg situation, but beleiev me 2 years ago there was next to nothing, and I still loved it!

(Is the Ativ similar to a Galaxy but with a Aluminium case?)

Contributor
Realale44

Another link showing that WIndows Phone is growing, no doubt it will be ignored though

http://www.t3.com/news/windows-phone-8-increases-lead-over-blackberry

Contributor
goos

ordered the lumia 925 with windows 8 so.............There are ways around watching sky go without an app, but sky get your finger out, people tired of apple and boring android:smileymad:

Regular Visitor
bjkent1980

20th September watch this date people......It may be realeased. This information if from a Nokia rep in Dorset. And it should be across the platform well i bloody hope so as i have the Samsung ativ s!!!

Frequent Visitor
Ativ+S

bjkent1980, I hope you're right, however hearing it from a 'Nokia rep in Dorset' is about as reliable as me saying I heard it from an old woman at the local market, until Sky come out and say something other than their usual auto-comment, we're none the wiser.

Contributor
MSLover

IF IF IF a sky go app for WP is released on the 20th of September, then the random Nokia chap from Dorset was right, I also cannot believe that if that is the case then Nokia know before the vendor of the app (assuming this is a Sky app and not a 3rd party one) This causes me to infer one of a number of things either:

1:smileyhappy: forums are not trusted with information so really these forums are really nothing more than a place to sound off

2:smileyhappy: statements around as soon as we know more we'll post/publish here (or similar) were not truthful

3:smileyhappy: That it is such a fast pace of development it is genuinely "breaking news"

4:smileyhappy: You shouldn't listen to rumours :-D
Super User
rscott

Indeed. I seem to recall reading on here that a Nokia rep had said it would be ready for the start of the football season..

There were similar rumours supposedly from a Sky developer that Android tablet support would never happen - and that's promised for November this year.

Contributor
goos

bought the nokia 925 with W8 , its absolutely superb, sky do what you want, I dont give a monkeys................LUV IT!:smileywink:

Occasional Visitor
jstmft

Windows 8 is on the up and up. Please support

Staff
John-B

Hi All,

We still have no new information on support for Windows 8 phones.

If this changes at all we will let you all know.

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.